This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 10:40 am #4012043

hugoU

Hello,

We have built over the years a very complex website using the plugin Magic Fields.
Following some tests we have some questions regarding Magic Fields full compatibility with WPML.
Would it be possible to schedule a call with one of your developers in order to explain our process, what we want to achieve and ask a few questions ?

This is a private topic and we do not wish to display our questions/concerns on an online forum.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

June 13, 2019 at 10:58 am #4012149

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

I tried to catch you on the chat but unfortunately you went away before i sent my answer!

your next reply is private so feel free to write what you want.

However, know that all the links you share are going to be private to everyone but us, so you don't have to worry about that.

Let me kno so i can help you!

June 14, 2019 at 2:57 pm #4022485

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Magic fields hasn't been officially tested with WPML but we have had some users use it in the past, and it seems they work ok for them.

If you could be interested, we offer an alternative of magic fields in our toolset types module https://toolset.com/home/types-manage-post-types-taxonomy-and-custom-fields/ which of course is WPML compatible.

Apart from that, yes, what you mention should work without issues. you should be able to translate the custom post type into what you want and then use our directories URL format to achieve what you're mentioning right now.

If you have more questions, then just let me know and i'll happily help you by answering them or by pointing you in the right direction.