Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by daniel 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
March 23, 2020 at 10:41 am #5740245

daniel

Hello, my site was working perfectly and is in production.

Now since today, for an unknown reason visitors keep having
"500-internal-server-error"
in the translated language (french), in what looks like random pages, sometimes blog, sometimes courses, but always in translated language.

What is causing that ? and can I do to solve this ? can you investigate why this is happening ?? thanks

Please I saw in the forum you keep telling to deactivate all plug ins and change the theme to twenty-I-dont-know-what, but don't ask me that, the site is currently in production and I can't do that. This is clearly an issue with your translation system, the site works good in english..

Thanks in advance for your help.
Daniel

March 23, 2020 at 11:04 pm #5746359

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hi There,

I ran a test visiting between all your pages in French for a substantial period of time and I was not able to reproduce any errors.

An error 500 usually will stem from a memory-related issue but some other times a fatal error in the execution of code can also trigger it.

It would be good to take a look at your error log to see if any Fatal Errors were triggered.
You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . 'https://cdn.wpml.org/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

In the meantime also update your MySQL version to 5.6 or higher.

March 26, 2020 at 5:22 am #5766159

daniel

My issue is resolved now I reinstall a backup and the problem is gone, but I'm afraid it will come back 🙁