Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
January 13, 2023 at 9:00 pm #12816207

sebastiaanV-11

Hello. We have separate domains yet rankmath includes other language pages in the sitemap. Please see: hidden link

January 13, 2023 at 11:56 pm #12816591

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this Rankmath sitemap issue with WooCommerce.

The issue has been recreated and escalated to our compatibility team for further revision. As soon I received feedback from the team I will be in contact with you again.

Best regards
Andreas

January 19, 2023 at 7:50 pm #12854203

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The reported issue has been escalated to our development team and we published an errata which includes a workaround for the issue here:

https://wpml.org/errata/rankmath-seo-categories-and-product-categories-urls-wont-be-filtered-by-language-on-the-sitemap/

Please let me know if you need assistance in applying the workaround or please confirm on this ticket if this solved the issue for you.

If you apply the workaround yourself, please make a full backup of your site before proceeding.

Best regards
Andreas

January 29, 2023 at 5:18 pm #12915309

sebastiaanV-11

Hello,

Issue is almost fixed. There's still a wrong URL in this sitemap:

hidden link

Top URL is from the .eu domain.

January 31, 2023 at 1:50 pm #12930779

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

After applying the workaround, did you follow these steps?

1) Go to RankMath > Sitemap settings
2) Modify the Links Per Sitemap option and save
3) Regenerate Permalinks (Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks > Save)
4) Check the sitemap. Each domain should display only content related to the current language.

Best regards
Andreas

January 31, 2023 at 1:53 pm #12930863

sebastiaanV-11

Hi Andreas,

Yes. And I just did it again. No improvement.

January 31, 2023 at 4:42 pm #12932175

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better for a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “All In One WP Migration” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you and take note, that creating such a package requires sufficient available space on your server.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

The steps are also shown in this video: hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

February 7, 2023 at 10:07 pm #12982477

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

On your test-site I can sadly not connect to the admin section (wp-admin) as I get the following error:

Fout bij het maken van de databaseconnectie

Could you please fix this issue and then get back to me once the site is running?

Best regards
Andreas

February 7, 2023 at 10:15 pm #12982553

sebastiaanV-11

Hi Andreas,

Exactly at this moment we were upgrading MySQL from 5.7 to 8. Please try again.

February 8, 2023 at 7:55 pm #12991697

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

This is honestly an odd issue.

There is only one unexpected category entry on the sitemap:

hidden link

It is the translation of the entry:

hidden link

Apart from that, the sitemap looks correct in the second language:

hidden link

I have tried to edit and save this category and its translations again, I also synced your product categories.

The issue even remains when testing the site only with WooCommerce, Rankmath, and WPML for I am really unsure what is causing this behavior.

Sadly, after reactivating all plugins again the site ran into a fatal error, which means that there seems to be a conflict between some plugins.

At this moment I can no longer access the admin section of the test site and I need FTP access in order to assist you on this matter.

The private reply form is enabled again so that you can provide me access to the server.

Best regards
Andreas

February 11, 2023 at 12:24 am #13010065

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

When disabling and then enabling all the plugins on your test site again, I do actually see all product categories on the sitemap in the site's default language.

-- This is a known issue and was escalated already internally, but is not yet solved --

We have reported the issue in this errata and are providing a workaround for this issue:

https://wpml.org/errata/rankmath-seo-categories-and-product-categories-urls-wont-be-filtered-by-language-on-the-sitemap/

Best regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.