This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Régis 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Mohammed.

Author Posts
October 14, 2014 at 4:39 pm #492290

Régis

Hi,
I recently had a WPML database crash.
After reset, I got back all my content but I've lost languages informations and then links between original and translated content.
How can I get this to work again? even manually?

Thanks a lot.

October 15, 2014 at 10:04 am #492701

Robert

Hey,

Could you also please provide your debug information? You can find this information in WPML > Support > Debug. You can paste your debug information in the debug field below. http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Are the language post/ page variations still existing? If so you can manually go to a page or post and on the right hand side where it says Languages, you can choose the language of the page/post and whether it is a translation of another page. See my screenshot attached - this will reconnect the translations.

Thanks,
Robert

October 16, 2014 at 10:13 am #493442

Régis

Hi Robert,
I've already tried that and I can see the "Language of this page" selector, but there is no "This is a translation of..." field below 🙁

October 17, 2014 at 1:48 pm #494309

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

This is Ahmed and I'm taking care of this, hope it's OK!

Can you please try this:
Go to WordPress admin -> WPML -> Support, Click on the troubleshooting link at the bottom of the page.

On troubleshooting page
1) Click "Remove ghost entries form translations table" button.
2) Click "General cleanup" button.
3) Click "Set language information" button.

+ Please make sure that you have a full backup of your website and database. (Please don't ignore this)!

October 23, 2014 at 9:08 am #497720

Régis

Hi,
I've finally resolved this thanks to a miraculous database backup done which was done before the crash.
Thanks