This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jacquesD-8 1 month, 1 week ago.

Author Posts
May 30, 2020 at 11:13 pm #6257473

jacquesD-8

Hi, I may have skrewed up whereby a lot of stuff on my present website is demo stuff so I didn't want your plugin to translate everything therefore I deselected everything to do with existing stuff when I ran the setup.Now I realize I' may have made a mistake and may have been better off the leave the default setup values alone and run it as it was meant to be by setup. Is there anyway I can rerun the setup program?

Also, could this be why I'm getting this message under "Language URL Format:

Choose how to determine which language visitors see contents in

Different languages in directories ((hidden link - English, hidden link - French))

It looks like languages per directories will not function. Details

This can be a result of either:
WordPress is installed in a directory (not root) and you're using default links.
URL rewriting is not enabled in your web server.
The web server cannot write to the .htaccess file
How to fix

When WPML accesses hidden link it gets:
cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired

The expected value is:
<!--hidden link;

Thanks

Jaco

June 1, 2020 at 12:53 pm #6265531

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

While you are waiting for one of my colleagues to take this ticket and work on it, let me provide you with first debugging steps or if I can perhaps help with the issue quickly.

In case you want to start over, you can always use:
https://wpml.org/faq/how-wpml-reset-works/

The reset action does not delete translated images, translated posts, and translated taxonomies. It only affects translation and language information that WPML associates with each content type.

Please note that all translations you have sent to remote translation services will be lost if you reset WPML’s data. They cannot be recovered later.

As for "cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired", have you tried reaching out hosting support to ask about this? Maybe it is only about that - expired SSL certificate.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 1, 2020 at 6:00 pm #6267867

jacquesD-8

As I'm just setting this new site and since I had another issue of concern not to do with WPML, I decided to restore to the last working version of my site and hence to a version prior to me installing WPML. I'll install WPML once again today or tomorrow and will let you know if those problems arise once again.

Thanks for your reply.

Jaco