This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sergio 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
January 16, 2016 at 1:34 pm #789496

Sergio

Hello, please take a look here: hidden link
There is the read more button in English.

But as you can see attached, I translated it already...
Can you please help?

January 18, 2016 at 8:49 am #789864

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

It seems you are translating "Read More" of another context/domain. Please use the following search filters to translate the read more button:

Select which strings to display: ==> All Strings
Select strings within domain: ==> Cherry
Search for: ==> Read More

and translate the Read more text. if you don't find any strings under cherry domain, please go to Themes & Plugin localization page and rescan the theme for strings.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply!

Thanks

January 18, 2016 at 9:00 am #789874

Sergio

Hi, there is no "read more" in the Cherry domain.
Even after scanning the theme for string, no more "read more" appear.

January 18, 2016 at 9:07 am #789883

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

I would also recommend to backup your database and website first before we proceed. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks

January 18, 2016 at 10:23 am #789961

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

It seems like the read more value is coming from the options page, so i have created a admin text configurations for your site, now you can go to string translation and translate the read more with the following filters:
Select which strings to display: ==> All Strings
Select strings within domain: ==> admin_texts_theme48550
Search for: ==> Read More

and translate it accordingly.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply!

Thanks

January 18, 2016 at 11:06 am #790007

Sergio

Thank you, it works fine.