Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My Translation editor disappeared

Solution: From WPML 4.2 you can also enable your Translation Editor in the page itself by turning on the option in the Language tab.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by svenA-8 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
February 14, 2019 at 1:19 pm #3199948

svenA-8

I am trying to:

Have rebuilt a whole page on the website in default language English. But when transferring to second language it doesn't pick up the new page layout. Copy in english and second language is the same though. How do I do to make second language having same layout as new english version or how "retranslate" the copy again?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Default English new page: hidden link
Page in 2nd language translation: hidden link

I expected to see:

Same layout and format after page rebuilt.

Instead, I got:

Using Elementor page builder and when going to pages and clicking the pencil icon for the 2nd language translation am asked to go to Elementor and there I see the page in the 2nd language but in "old" format?

February 15, 2019 at 7:40 am #3203142

svenA-8

Had to leave yesterday.

1) was able to retranslate the page "integrated services" with WPML translator etc

2) when translation done and going to my site both default language page as well as 2nd language page "Integrated services" went back to old format as was before I the new built page

3) Going to Elementor Page builder to reinstall new "Integrated Services" page from template library it is totally empty now? I had something like over 20 templates previous assistance yesterday.

What happened. Please need assistance to come back to square one now.

February 18, 2019 at 7:46 am #3210384

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

would like to have more information on step 2 mostly.

On step 3 you say the templates are all empty, but i can actually see them, But i think i know what happened there.

I see that you have exactly 40 templates, but none of them have been translated yet., so you most likely saw the swedish version of your site and saw it all empty.

Templates are translated like normal elementor pages. you just need to do it from the "Templates" section that will appear in the WordPress vertical admin menu when you have installed Elementor.

Try translating them and then you'll see the templates everywhere. if a page built with elementor is then using the template, it will now start showing the correct language (the one on the template you ust translated.)

In the meantime, to better understand how to move forward with a solution, could you please provide me with information about your environment by following these steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Remember to paste the information in the debug information field below your reply field and not pasting them in the actual reply field.

Let me know how it goes!

February 18, 2019 at 10:24 am #3211106

svenA-8

Thanks. But I've somehow succeeded to solve the issue.