Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by steveV-5 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
January 18, 2021 at 7:12 pm #7872819

steveV-5

Hello,

I'm contacting you today because I built a Gravity Forms form on a trilingual site where 2 of the languages of this site is not recognized by Google.

Those languages are:
- English
- Inuinnaqtun
- Inuktitut

For the Inuinnaqtun specific Recaptcha Gravity Forms field I forced the language to be automatically configured in English (which works well for the Inuktitut language!) but for Inuinnaqtun, WPML seems to fit in the rendering process that currently displays me text in... Malaysian (which is by no means a language configured on my current site).

Is this a known issue? I've already contacted Gravity Forms about this and here is their answer:

"In the page source code I found the hl query arg is set to IN: hidden link

According to the Google doc site "IN" is not a supported language code so Google will be setting the recaptcha language automatically: hidden link

If you have the language setting on the advanced tab of the captcha field set to English the fact it is set to "IN" when the page is displayed suggests the WPML plugin is most likely changing the setting value just before the form is rendered. In which case you'll need to contact WPML so they can update their integration not to change the language setting to unsupported values."

Can you let me know how I can fix this strange behavior?

Thanks.

January 19, 2021 at 2:59 pm #7879007

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Thank you for reporting this to us.

From what I can see, we use the locales as they are defined in WPML > Languages > Edit languages.
I am not exactly sure about your problems with these locales and what is the result in the Inuinnaqtun language, as I cannot access your site.

Perhaps as a workaround to set the language automatically to English for the captcha, you can go to: wp-content/plugins/gravityforms-multilingual/inc/gravity-forms-multilingual.class.php
There change the lines from:

case 'captcha':
					$field->captchaLanguage = apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', null );
					break;

to:

case 'captcha':
					$field->captchaLanguage = apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', null );
					$allowed_languages = array("ar","af","ka","pl","am","de","pt","hy","de-AT","pt-BR","az","de-CH","pt-PT","eu","el","ro","bn","gu","ru","bg","iw","sr","ca","hi","si","zh-HK","hu","sk","zh-CN","is","sl","zh-TW","id","es","hr","it","es-419","cs","ja","sw","da","kn","sv","nl","ko","ta","en-GB","lo","te","en","lv","th","et","lt","tr","fil","ms","uk","fi","ml","ur","fr","mr","vi","fr-CA","mn","zu","gl","no","fa");
					$test = in_array($field->captchaLanguage, $allowed_languages );
					if ( $test != TRUE ) {
						$field->captchaLanguage = "en";
					}

break;
January 19, 2021 at 7:41 pm #7881537

steveV-5

Hello George,

It is working like a charm, thank you for this.

How to correctly manage the application of this patch on this plugin that may be upgraded over time?

Do I have to go back to Gravity Forms to have them insert this patch in the next update?

Thanks again for the quick support

January 20, 2021 at 7:06 am #7883881

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

> How to correctly manage the application of this patch on this plugin that may be upgraded over time?

I have escalated the problem to our developers and they are either going to add this fix in GravityForms Multilingual, or devise a better solution that should also work, so for now, if there are versions that this fix was not released, you should manually add it.

> Do I have to go back to Gravity Forms to have them insert this patch in the next update?

No this is on us to fix in our bridge plugin GravityForms Multilingual

January 20, 2021 at 2:31 pm #7888301

steveV-5

Good morning George,

Thank you for this quick and complete answer.

Wish you a good day, stay safe, thanks.