This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.21 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 11:54 pm #3972485

christianA-29

I am trying to:
Update The WPML Plugins
- Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual
- WooCommerce Multilingual
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
When updating the plugins on our staging site, we encountered no problems (one of the main reasons for updating was an issue with the gallery feature for the ACF on WooCommerce products, not displaying when there was more than 1x image, the update corrected this issue and we could display multiple images within the gallery without fault).

Instead, I got:
However, when we updated the plugins on the live site we received a fatal error notification as well as error messages appearing inside the home page banner and product images visible to the public and then had to restore our previous backup. Even when we updated the plugin on the staging site which was working without issue and then migrated to the live site, the errors messages would then display.

June 7, 2019 at 7:42 am #3974509

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please share with us the error messages you've got while updating WPML plugins?

To record the error messages that occurs during the plugin update you need to enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

To do this, edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

/*enable debugging*/
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

- Add it above the line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ 

Try to reproduce the issue.

Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log using FTP, then edit/view the content of the file. It would be great if you can share with me the debug.log content using pastebin.com

Also, have you tried updating WPML plugins after deactivating all non-related WPML plugins?

NOTE:
+ Please backup your site completely before doing this test.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Receiving critical errors displaying when updating WPML CMS and Addons’ is closed to new replies.