Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 32 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
July 28, 2021 at 2:20 pm

ahmetK-8

I can't download the translation from Matecat, even though it shows as complete at Matecat

July 28, 2021 at 3:48 pm
July 31, 2021 at 12:09 am #9318347

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

Please let us know when you have any updates on what were the results of the "minimal type of environment" test.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 1, 2021 at 1:18 pm #9322413

ahmetK-8

Hello,
The problem at the website just got bigger. I had to deactivate all the wpml plugins. Otherwise, it wasn't working.
And I am afraid to reactivate them.

August 3, 2021 at 10:10 pm #9337671

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Can you please elaborate a bit more on what is actually happening and try to explain (also attach a few screenshots if possible) so that I can better understand what is actually happening?

I will be waiting for your response.

Mihai

August 10, 2021 at 3:25 pm #9376571

ahmetK-8

Today, I will try to follow instructions and will see if it works. I will update you soon.

August 10, 2021 at 4:17 pm #9376989

ahmetK-8

is there anybody over there that i can get online support?

August 10, 2021 at 4:40 pm #9377195

ahmetK-8

I followed the instructions, which was:

Kindly check if the issue will persist in a minimal environment by following these steps:

- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.
- Try to receive the translation again

Unfortunately, problem is still there. Can't get the completed translations from Matecat, even after I tried that.

How shall we proceed?

August 12, 2021 at 1:43 pm #9390499

ahmetK-8

Hello Mihai, how does it go? It has been a day now.

August 12, 2021 at 4:28 pm #9391329

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

I promised that I will get back to you yesterday or today so I am back as I promised.

I also tried to spend some more time on debugging this and it seems that the status that we are receiving is that the translations are not ready yet.

Are you 100% sure that the translations have been fully completed by Matecat?

I'm attaching some screenshots so that you can see what's the response I get when I try to check for the status.

Please let me know as I need to report this further in case the translations are 100% translated and you know that for sure.

Maybe they are still working on the translation?

Thank you.

Mihai

Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 7.19.42 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 7.19.53 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 7.19.32 PM.png
August 12, 2021 at 4:42 pm #9391471

ahmetK-8

Dear Mihai,
I am sorry to say it like this, but you have started to push my nerves with this unprofessional approah. This issue is ongoing for more than a month and you are now describing me the problem as a solution!!!!!!
All the translations are done completely at Matecat!!!!! I REPEAT, THEY ARE 100% COMPLETE. AND I CANT RECEIVE THE JOBS. THIS IS THE ISSUE YOU NEED TO SOLVE
HAVE YOU STILL NOT UNDERSTOOD THE PROBLEM?????????*

August 12, 2021 at 4:46 pm #9391475

ahmetK-8

PLUS, MATECAT GUARANTEES THAT TRANSLATIONS ARE FINISHED AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG ON THEIR SIDE.
PLEASE FIND A SOLUTION INSTEAD OF STALLING ME.

I REPEAT: TRANSLATIONS ARE FINISHED, BUT SOMEHOW WPML DOESNT ACKNOWLEDGE THAT AND CANT RECEIVE THE TRANSLATIONS.

I DONT CARE WHETHER WPML OR MATECAT IS RESPONSIBLE. FIND THE PROBLEM AND SOLVE THE ISSUE PLEASE.

I DONT WANNA REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN AND AGAIN

August 12, 2021 at 4:50 pm #9391479

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and thank you for the confirmation.

I wasn't sure if Matecat confirmed that the translations are ready - I saw that you said that (so I did not know if you assume that or if they specifically told you that). All that I was able to see from them was a message in the screenshot that you sent where they said that you should contact us.

Thank you for the confirmation - I added it to our internal ticket so that the person from the Translation Services department knows about this, too.

Just a note that this ticket has started on 29 July (coming from a live chat session) and then there has been a long 7 days gap since you responded back to me so this is why this ticket took so long.

We first needed to get your confirmation on how things go in a minimal testing environment and that confirmation took a while.

I have updated our internal ticket, as I said, and I'm waiting for a response from the other department.

You will be notified via email of any new interaction on this ticket.

Thank you for your patience throughout the debugging process.

Mihai

August 13, 2021 at 11:36 am #9395565

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi Ahmed,

This is Ahmed Mamdouh from the translation proxy team.

I checked and traced the issue and I found that when we try to poll the translation from Matecat we got this error:

<RestClient::InternalServerError: 500 Internal Server Error>

This means that there is a technical issue that needs to be reported to Matecat and solved from their side.

So, please provide me with your email address to put you in the email that I'm going to send to Matecat to report this issue, also you can report this issue directly to Matecat if you have contact with them if you want.

I set your next reply as private to safely share your email.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

August 13, 2021 at 1:47 pm