Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 32 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
August 13, 2021 at 3:13 pm #9396503

ahmetK-8

Hello Ahmed, did you get my message. I also contacted Matecat and I guess they are trying to reach you.

August 13, 2021 at 4:49 pm #9396829

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we got your message, also we got an email from Matecat asking about more technical information, So We are now collecting this information and we will reply to them ASAP and I'll put you in the CC of the email.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

August 14, 2021 at 11:22 am
August 14, 2021 at 1:28 pm #9399731

ahmetK-8

Dear Ahmed,
Unfortunately, it can't be the problem. Because after I renew the API Key, I sent new jobs and the problem repeats itself.
Also, WPML, doesn't let you delete the translation tasks.

August 14, 2021 at 1:30 pm #9399733

ahmetK-8

If you are certain on this, you have my website's credentials. You try to send a new translation job and see it for yourself. Or we can do it at a when we are both online. Can we?

August 16, 2021 at 8:59 am #9404581

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your patience.

I sent the old jobs again (blog page to be translated to 5 languages) as you requested, so please let me know once they are done from the MateCat side to poll the translation to WPML and see if it still has any issues.

Concerning the new jobs that have been sent after renewing the API Key and they still have a problem, I think you are mentioning the Contact page and the FAQ page (correct me if my guess is wrong), I checked them and I found that they are marked as "not translated yet".

So could you please send me the URL link for those jobs in MateCat (like the links showing in my last comment) to report them to MateCat and see why those jobs are still marked as not translated yet?

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

August 16, 2021 at 9:48 am #9404895

ahmetK-8

Yes, you are right. There are currently 20 tasks waiting. Most of them are all complete with revisions.
Here are the links you asked for.

hidden link

hidden link

hidden link

hidden link

August 16, 2021 at 11:04 am #9405953

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi Ahmed,

I reported those jobs to Matecat support using email and I added you as CC in this email and we have to wait for their reply.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

August 16, 2021 at 1:47 pm #9407233

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi Ahmed,

Lorenza from Matecat support just confirmed the jobs sent after renewing the API Key were not marked as completed and that's why you were not able to retrieve the translation before, but she marked them as completed and I retrieved 4 translations.

Concerning the jobs that I've resent them, she asked the following 2 questions:

could you please let me know how I can retrieve the new Matecat links? (it would be great if you provided her with the jobs URL in MateCat).

Are they accessible from the client's WPML dashboard? (I replied to this one)

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

August 17, 2021 at 3:03 pm #9413383

ahmetK-8

Hello,
I am still waiting. Can you please update me?

August 17, 2021 at 4:08 pm #9413745

ahmetK-8

I have seen four translations received. But what will happen to the rest?
Also, can I send more translations tasks and can receive them upon completion now?

August 17, 2021 at 5:41 pm #9414427

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi Ahmed,

The last update I got from MateCat was about only 4 jobs and I was able to retrieve them to the website successfully, Lorenza from Matecat support didn't mention that there are any other completed jobs, also you are CC'ed in the email and it would be great if you provided her with the jobs URL in MateCat in the email.

Also, you can raise any concern in the email thread we opened as there is no issue from WPML, the issue now is all about the pending jobs on the MateCat side, so please provide the links for the pending jobs that you are waiting for in the email and MateCat should check them from their side as nothing can be done from our side.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

August 20, 2021 at 12:48 pm #9431117

ahmetK-8

Hello Ahmad,
Unfortunately this issue isn't solved yet.
I have no idea how you could retrive the four jobs. I can't get any myself.
I talk about this issue with Matecat, and they still claim everything is good on their side.
But problem still exist.
I am getting really frustrated and I need a solution.
Can you please contact them again?
And also login to my wordpress and see it yourself?
I would appreciate if we could work on it online together to fix it.
Can you please start a zoom session with me and Matecat?

August 20, 2021 at 1:42 pm #9431331

ahmetK-8

I need the ones that I can't get from Matecat because of old API key deleted from my translation dashboard.
Are you online?

August 23, 2021 at 8:27 am #9440155

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi Ahmed,

I checked the translation Jobs and I filtered the jobs with the jobs sent to MateCat and I found that all the jobs are marked as completed except the old blog jobs that have been sent from the old API key as shown in the 2 attached screenshots, and in the translation dashboard tab the blog page is marked translated in all languages, so the ones that you can't get from Matecat because of old API key are now translated.

So could you please mention if you have any other pages that you sent to MateCat have not been translated yet and provide me with all these page details?

The way for retrieving the jobs after they have been translated from the MateCat side is to click on the "check status and get translation" button found in WPML -> Translation Management,
it will poll the completed jobs to the website and this is the way I used to retrieve the completed jobs.

On the other hand, please raise any other concerns you have regarding this issue in the email thread we opened with MateCat to make sure that all the problem parties are noted and to get better help, also you can request the meeting in the email to make sure to have MateCat support in the meeting.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

Screenshot_77.png
Translation-Management-‹-Blue-Turkey-Real-Estate-Relocation-Houses-in-Turkey-for-sale-—-WordPress (1).png
Translation-Management-‹-Blue-Turkey-Real-Estate-Relocation-Houses-in-Turkey-for-sale-—-WordPress.png