Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 32 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
August 23, 2021 at 4:08 pm #9444273

ahmetK-8

I noticed a warning for plugin update and when I tried to update wpml, the whole website crashed. I was able to reive it by deactivating all plug-ins. Then I wanted to update wpml plugins but i got this notification.
How can I fix this? Can you please connect my account and solve the issue?

screenshot4_wordpress.JPG
August 24, 2021 at 9:18 am #9448301

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi Ahmed,

I checked your website and I found that all WPML plugins are up to date as shown in the screenshot, so I assume you managed to fix the issue you faced.

If you still have an issue regarding this concern, please open another ticket because this issue is not related to the original one.

Thanks in advance.
Ahmed Mamdouh.

Screenshot_78.png
August 24, 2021 at 1:37 pm #9450875

ahmetK-8

Yes, i fixed the issue. But regarding ongoing issue, there is still some problems. I deleted the old tasks from Matecat, but I still have those tasks on my translation dashboard. And wpml keeps sending me e-mail saying that these five tasks are overdue.

Please help me with:

1) Delete the first five tasks as seen at screenshot. These tasks are already deleted in Matecat, but wpml doesnt sync as they are deleted.

2) Help me understand why some tasks waiting for translator? I already sent and received those translations from Matecat, i believe.

3) Help me understand why it says so: Completed - Needs update

4) If i delete the completed tasks from translation jobs, will the translation be completely deleted?

Thanks.

screenshot7.JPG
August 25, 2021 at 7:56 pm #9460989

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi Ahmed,

Please check the following answers for your questions:

1) Delete the first five tasks as seen at screenshot. These tasks are already deleted in Matecat, but wpml doesnt sync as they are deleted.

As mentioned before that those jobs are stuck because they now belong to another project from WPML perspective, So I'm escalating this to our development to remove them from their end, but in the meanwhile, you can stop WPML from sending emails by going to WPML -> settings -> Translation Notifications tab and un-check "Notify translators when new jobs are waiting for them" till we fix this and get back to you.

2) Help me understand why some tasks waiting for translator? I already sent and received those translations from Matecat, i believe.

Those jobs have been sent to a local translator after they have been completed from the MateCat side as shown in the screenshot you sent, so it's waiting for this local translator to start translating it or cancel it from the red "X" icon showing beside every local job.

3) Help me understand why it says so: Completed - Needs update

That means the page has been sent to translation and translated successfully and after that, there are some changes added to the page itself, so the translation needs update means that this page needs to be sent to translation again to translate the newly added parts.

4) If i delete the completed tasks from translation jobs, will the translation be completely deleted?

Canceling the job is not deleting the translation, it only deletes the job.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

August 26, 2021 at 1:20 pm #9465105

ahmetK-8

Dear Ahmad,

I am certainly not happy when you said "1) Delete the first five tasks as seen at screenshot." That screenshot I sent you is proving that it can't be deleted by wpml. Are you joking with me? Or dont you have eyes???? I am really pissed off after all this correspondence you can come up with such an incompetent suggestion.

And finally i hear something that might be useful " So I'm escalating this to our development to remove them from their end". Yes, please let your them remove them from my dashboard.

And i hear mor unuseful staff from you. I am asking a question, and you are asking me why to help you understand. Your explanations doesnt make any sense to me. And how the hell in the world you expect me to help you understand the situation when I am asking you because I dont understand what is going on!!

I request an online session where we can solve the issues simultaneously.

When I start a ticket, other consultants don't want to be involved. Can you please set up a time, so we can work on these issues simultaneously online?

I REALLY NEED THIS ISSUES TO BE FIXED!!!

August 27, 2021 at 1:47 pm #9471189

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

This is Ahmed Ibrahim and I will continue here because Ahmed Mamdouh is off today.

It seems that you misunderstood what Ahmed wrote to you. He was not asking you to delete anything or to give him any explanation, he was just replying to your questions one by one, please check the attached screenshot to understand what I mean. (your questions are in red boxes and Ahmed's replies are below them)

Related to your issue, as I understand that you have some stuck jobs with status in progress from an old project, in normal if you didn't change the translation proxy project and sent jobs again, the older version of the jobs will be canceled and removed automatically.

The translation proxy project got changed when you de-authenticated the service and authenticate it again with different credentials.

To resolve this, please TAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP to your site, then go to your theme root directory and add the following script to your functions.php file:

function cancel_jobs() {
    $j_ids = array('16321','16322','16323','16324','16325');
    global $iclTranslationManagement, $wpdb;

foreach($j_ids as $j_id){
        $tr_id = $wpdb->get_var( "SELECT ts.translation_id FROM {$wpdb->prefix}icl_translation_status ts where ts.rid = $j_id" );
        if($tr_id){
            $wpdb->update("{$wpdb->prefix}icl_translation_status", ['status' => ICL_TM_IN_PROGRESS], ['rid' => $j_id]);
            $iclTranslationManagement->cancel_translation_request( $tr_id );
        }
    }
}
add_action( 'admin_init', 'cancel_jobs' );

This script will cancel these jobs ('16321','16322','16323','16324','16325'), if you want to cancel any other jobs add their IDs to the array

Please try this and let me know if it worked.

Ahmed Ibrahim.

Receiving-translation-from-Matecat-WPML.png