Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by sarah.n 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
May 29, 2013 at 7:03 pm #131377

Catarina

Hello,
I have a problem, which I've tried to solve for a long time - with no success.
On my page I have (at the bottom) a widget to show the pages that recently have been updated. Unfortunately I'm not having any luck to make it work with wpml and only show results for each language.
I have a widget which do this for my latest blogs - and that do work. So is there a way to get it to work for recently updated pages? Please have a look at the bottom of the page at hardy-flap.se
Thank you.

May 29, 2013 at 8:54 pm #131411

Adriano

Dear Catarina,

You can use the Widget Logic plugin in this case. Please read this document: wpml.org/2011/03/howto-display-different-widgets-per-language/

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

June 4, 2013 at 6:23 pm #132898

Catarina

Thank you for your help, but I'm not able to get it to work. I still have the same problem. For the widget in the middle of the footer I make to widgets, as described in the tutorial and in one I put the widget logic pointing to the English language and in the other I point to the Swedish. However the result is still the same.
You can see my page here - hidden link and it's the widget Recently Updated Pages.
Please, help me to get it right! Thank you.

June 4, 2013 at 7:00 pm #132906

Adriano

Dear Catarina,

I’ll send you a private email right now asking you for some private information that will help me debug this issue for you. Please check your email in a couple of minutes, and if you don’t get it, let me know so I can send it again.
Thanks.

June 13, 2013 at 5:40 am #135404

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Catarina,

This is Sarah and I will be assisting you from here.

Is the widget you are referring to a widget that comes from your theme?

If so, I would suggest that you first update you theme "Karma" to 3.0.3
One of the things mentioned in the "Changelog" is "Full WPML Multilingual Compatibility."

June 19, 2013 at 5:01 am #137022

Catarina

Thank you for your reply. I will try this but now I've got an other problem. It seems as if everything regarding wpml has disappeared from my admin page! I don't know what has happened and I don't know how to handle it.
I have a really big web site and ALL of it was translated to Swedish - now there is nothing left! Please help me to solve this. I will post the problem as a new thread - but if you can assist me in any way I will be grateful. I have no clue how to handle it!
Thank you.

June 19, 2013 at 8:37 am #137086

sarah.n
Supporter

Catarina,

You wrote: "It seems as if everything regarding wpml has disappeared from my admin page!" Is your content still in the database? Can you please check?

June 24, 2013 at 7:08 pm #138569

Catarina

Thank you for your reply. I got help from one of your collegues with the problem with loosing all translated pages. So now I will try to solve the problem with the widget which I have a problem. I will check and then let you know whether it works or not.

June 25, 2013 at 6:45 am #138651

sarah.n
Supporter

OK thank you for the update. I will be here when you need me.

July 15, 2013 at 10:06 pm #145058

Catarina

Hello again,
I'm sorry for the late reply. However I've now updated my Karma theme (and finally got Everything working after that....).
But I do still have this problem with the widget in the footer menu. I can't get it to work.
I want to have "Recently updated pages" - and I want it so present them in each language respectively. I can't get it to work.

Then I've got an old problem back with the update.

It's regarding the presentation on my blog page - news I call it.
If I get the Swedish one to look correct
hidden link

Then I get the English version like this:
hidden link

So in the header, where it should say News - it says Nyheter.
And where it should say Continue Reading - it says Fortsätt läsa.
I've made the Changes within the different languages and still this is what's happening.

I hope you will be able to help me. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Catarina

July 16, 2013 at 8:44 am #145182

sarah.n
Supporter

Catarina,

Regarding:
"So in the header, where it should say News – it says Nyheter.
And where it should say Continue Reading – it says Fortsätt läsa.
I've made the Changes within the different languages and still this is what's happening."

Please see the attached screenshot for this.

In reply to:

"But I do still have this problem with the widget in the footer menu. I can't get it to work.
I want to have "Recently updated pages" – and I want it so present them in each language respectively. I can't get it to work."

Is the "Widget Recently Updated Pages" coming from your theme? Can you locate its code?

FireShot Screen Capture #825 - 'Strängöversättning ‹ Bichon frisé - Hardy-Flap's kennel - Bichon frisé! — WordPress' - hardy-flap_se_wp-admin_admin_php_page=wpml-string-translation_menu_string-translation_php&search=N.jpg
July 21, 2013 at 9:48 pm #147036

Catarina

Hello again,
Well, after the update of both the Karma theme and WPML it seems as if there has been some mismatches. However I've fixed the issue with Nyheter - News according to your suggestion.
However the other issue... I'm still having some problems... I have no clue how to see where the code comes from.
I just log in to the page and then go to widgets and there is this one - Recent updated pages.

I have been trying to use ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE == 'en' and then sv for the Swedish one. AND It seems as if it works for the Swedish site but when I look at the English then both are visible there.
I have no clue how to handle it.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Catarina

July 22, 2013 at 6:44 am #147092

sarah.n
Supporter

Catarina,

Thank you for getting back to me.

About the "Widget Recently Updated Pages". I suspect it may be coming from your theme so I will email you to request a copy. Please stand by.

July 22, 2013 at 6:46 am #147093

sarah.n
Supporter

The email has just been sent. Please let me know if you have not received it.

Thank you!

July 23, 2013 at 8:16 am #147691

sarah.n
Supporter

Catarina,

This is simply to inform you that I have received your email and I will be checking the theme next. I will update this thread as soon as I know more.

Thank you for your patience.

The topic ‘[Closed] Recently updated pages - wpml’ is closed to new replies.