This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 3:10 am #4215439

erikA-14

I am using The Events Calendar PRO plugin with WPML. I have a recurring event setup. When I view all instances of an event with WPML enabled it only shows the first event. However when I disable WPML it shows all instances of the event which is what is expected. I have tried this on our staging site and I was able to replicate it locally with no configuration of WPML and only the plugins in question activated. The attached screenshots should paint the picture clearly but you can see a live example on our staging site: hidden link

I repeat I have not done any tinkering with WPML settings or configuration of WPML on the event page, all I have to do is merely activate WPML and the other events in the series don't show. Thank you for your help 🙂

Also could you please email your reply to: info@northernbeacheswebsites.com.au as I am doing this work on behalf of my client. Thanks,

July 16, 2019 at 12:04 pm #4220005

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I think this may be a compatibility issue - I've checked our internal documentation and found a quite a long correspondence our compatibility team had related to the plugin and recurring events. However, I am not sure if this is the same issue because that issue was related to translating. Therefore, I suggest we start this on our sandbox so that we can both observe results and find possible solution.

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: gnj226TRNGk1

Here is the sandbox I created and I have installed The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO there. Can you configure few recurring events so that I can see the issue? You can use default theme which is inside and we need nothing else. You only need to configure WPML in the same way it is on your site.

Let me know if you have any further questions at this point!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 16, 2019 at 11:25 pm #4224391

erikA-14

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your response. At first I was trying to work out why on earth everything was working fine on your sandbox, but then I realised that WPML although activated wasn't actually setup i.e. no one had gone through the setup wizard and created the languages. After I had done this, then the issue occurred which is consistent with what I am seeing on my end.

If you go to the all instances of the recurring event page: hidden link you will see that it just shows 1 event. However if you go to the plugins page: hidden link and deactivate WPML, and go back to the event page you will see all event instances will appear.

Thanks,

July 17, 2019 at 7:01 am #4226241

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The reason I did not configure WPML is because not every client has English as a main language and sometimes that may be an issue.

As for the issue itself, I see it because it is easily reproducible and I have sent this case to our compatibility team. I will keep you posted!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 17, 2019 at 8:00 am #4226975

erikA-14

Ok thank you, do you know what kind of ETA this might be?

July 17, 2019 at 8:50 am #4227829

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The compatibility team is usually quite fast in identifying issues - sometimes even within the day, but this depends on number of the tickets in their queue and the complexity of the issue. The events calendar is one of the more complex plugins, though, that maybe the issue is something trivial.

Also, sometimes they require cooperation from plugin/theme developers and in most cases they are very cooperative, but sometimes they don't respond at all or respond slowly, never implementing the changes we suggested in order to gain compatibility.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 18, 2019 at 12:23 am #4234031

erikA-14

Ok thank you

July 18, 2019 at 8:32 am #4236009

Bruno Kos
Supporter

(changing Ticket status for internal purposes - please ignore)

July 23, 2019 at 5:42 am #4262695

erikA-14

Hi Bruno, just checking back to see if there's any resolution for this, or at least perhaps an ETA. The project is very urgent for my client and they want some clarity around it.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

July 23, 2019 at 7:42 am #4263399

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I wish I had some news for you - however I still don't, compatibility team is still checking this and I cannot "push" them because they have their own queue of handling tickets.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 12, 2019 at 5:42 am #4378465

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you please check these replies?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-with-events-calendar-pro-recurring-events-and-updates-not-working/#post-4318489
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-with-events-calendar-pro-recurring-events-and-updates-not-working/#post-4346863

Regards,
Bruno Kos