This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 3:53 pm #4526351

webA-3

I have 2 single events and one recurring event within the Experiences page. Is the spanish translation the recurring event is not showing with a date. I am not sure how to get that information to translate and display.

September 9, 2019 at 8:37 am #4534695

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me how are translating these events? Is this part of the theme or a plugin perhaps?

Also, are you adding these dates manually (like into custom fields) or are they pulled automatically?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 9, 2019 at 11:27 am #4536629

webA-3

I am using WPML along with Event Organiser to format and translate my events. The event dates are added as part of the built in Event Organiser functionality. Documentation on WPML and Event Organiser say the two plugins are compatible.

September 9, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4537049

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The "Event Organiser" does not seem to be listed here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=Event&wpv_filter_submit=Search

There are some other similar plugins that are compatible, though. I did search our forums and internal tickets, but I have found nothing similar related to the issue.

Therefore, may ask you the following?

hidden link
demo
NMeV2r5Rv99f

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. WPML all the other plugins are already there.

May I ask you to do the following only:
- configure WPML initial wizard so that languages are the same as on your site
- create few events and link them in the same way it is on your site
- show me where I can see the issue

So do only minimal setup and spend as little time as possible on this, but just enough to get us working setup. 🙂

I suspect this may be compatibility issue, so this is the step we need to perform before sending this further to our compatibility team.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 9, 2019 at 1:19 pm #4537515

webA-3

I added one repeating event and a single day event. I was not given the option to translate them. I believe some additional supporting WPML plugins are needed. I am including the list of WPML plugins I have installed.

September 10, 2019 at 6:33 am #4542131

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Events are now translatable and I set translation management:
hidden link

It was about the following setting:
WPML -> settings -> Post Types Translation -> Event (Translatable - only show translated items)

Can you try setting it up now, the same scenario it is on your site?
hidden link

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 10, 2019 at 1:00 pm #4545475

webA-3

I think my issue is in the set up of what is to be translated, copied, copied once, etc. I think our test would work best if you are able to show me how I should properly set on the translation settings so that the fields are properly dealt with. I need to be able to write translations for the title and content of an event, the rest I need to be copied and translated by WPML. In my own install I was able to create a repeating event that is not a translation of the english version, but a stand alone event in spanish and the information appears correctly.

September 10, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4545985

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

So in short, we should have:
hidden link
hidden link

But on Spanish, we should also have:

"Upcoming Dates:
September 17, 2019 – September 10, 2021
September 18, 2019 – September 11, 2021
September 20, 2019 – September 13, 2021
September 23, 2019 – September 16, 2021
September 24, 2019 – September 17, 2021"

Please confirm if that's it in a nutshell.

I checked all the custom fields, but it doesn't seem to work with any of these set to "copy". I will escalate this case to our compatibility team for further debugging and will get back to you once they reply back!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 10, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4546031

webA-3

So what is in my screen captures above is what it should be. It is correct, but I was not able to get those results by translating the english version of the event. I was only able to create the correct spanish version of the event by creating it as a separate event rather than working from the english translation. I also tried setting the fields to copy and it did not work as you also observed.

September 11, 2019 at 6:24 am #4550797

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This has been escalated to our Compatibility team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 12, 2019 at 6:09 am #4558547

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

We have a workaround for this:
hidden link
hidden link

So you would do with like this:
1) create a new event and disable WPML translation editor for Events
2) set all the custom fields to copy: _eventorganiser_schedule_until, _eventorganiser_schedule_start_start, _eventorganiser_schedule_start_finish, _eventorganiser_schedule_last_start, _eventorganiser_schedule_last_finish, _eventorganiser_event_schedule
3) create a translation and while there, click "Copy content from English" or simply input your own content
4) publish it ( don't do anything related to event details, as it will happen automatically upon publishing)
5) now when it is published, check "This is a recurring event. Check to edit this event and its recurrences " checkbox and update the event and that's it (don't change any of these values, as you can see that they are already filled in), now the translation fields holding these values will be refreshed as well

Regards,
Bruno Kos