Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by svenA-8 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
March 5, 2019 at 12:22 pm #3273770

svenA-8

I am trying to:

Done some cosmetic (formating) updates on a page in default language. But when viewing the page in 2nd language it does not "pick up" the new formating ?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Default Language: hidden link
2nd Language: hidden link

I expected to see:

If making some rearrangements on a page in default language expeting to see same "changes" of page in 2nd language

Instead, I got:

March 6, 2019 at 5:51 pm #3280787

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please let me know exactly what changes you have made?

From what I can see, the font size of this sub-heading "We understand your requirement and provide quality works." is bigger on the default/original language compared to the translation.

The thing is that if you used CSS or any CSS property, it might not have been carried out to the translation.

Usually, it is recommended that when you are using visual content builders (like Elementor), to use the duplication functionality presented in the link below when you are creating translations:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

This way, you are keeping the same content layout.

Please let me know if that process works.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

March 18, 2019 at 12:28 pm #3369201

svenA-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!