This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 9:10 am #4379485

MWEB

Hello,

I would like to set up redirection for UK, and US to our /en/ part od site. Is it possible to do that by WPML only? We would like to have not only homepage redirect but also site/url-primer needs to redirect to /site/en/url-example. Is this possible to do it?

Regards,
Marko

August 12, 2019 at 7:05 pm #4383351

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Marko.

I don't think that what you what to achieve is possible only with WPML. If I understand you correctly, then you want users of your site from the United States and the United Kingdom to be redirected to your-site.com/en/ automatically.
Is it correct?
If so, then it is not possible. But you the 'WPML Redirect Based on IP Country' plugin which is compatible with WPML can achieve something similar to what you need.
hidden link
It does not automatically redirect the users, but it lets them know that there is a language for the country where they are accessing from. Please note that this plugin costs money.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Redirect by country IP’ is closed to new replies.