This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
September 13, 2017 at 6:38 pm #1370865

michaelM-101

I want to redirect english user to this domain hidden link and keep the swedish users on this domain hidden link

I have also seen that the language flag switcher is aligned bad in the header menu, please take a look at this printscreen. I think its theme related and need some CSS fix but I have bought this plugin from you WPML so I expect that I get help with the code fix.

Best regards

September 14, 2017 at 6:17 am #1371208

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello.

I will be helping you with your questions.

1. Domains and URL formats
WPML supports 3 URL formats: language by parameter, language per directory, and language per domain.

From what you describe, it seems like you could have the following:
English Users: hidden link
Swedish Users: hidden link

Your theme would have the static home page set to "Home" / "Hem".
You could then enable "browser language redirect" so that the users are directed to the preferred language version based on their session language.

You do this here: WPML -> Languages -> Browser language redirect

2. Styling of your Language Switcher
The exact positioning of the language switcher depends highly on your theme styling. While we can guide you, you may need to ask your theme support for additional support.

Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem? The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you

Note: your theme is not currently included in our list of compatible themes
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

September 15, 2017 at 4:00 am #1372747

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello.

I attempted to connect to your system but received the following screen. Is there an ip block in effect? or is the server down?

Thanks for letting me know what to try.

September 16, 2017 at 4:56 pm #1374115

michaelM-101

The theme author gave me a solution for the language alignment.

However, the reason the site was down was because I was infected with malware links after I installed the WPML plugins so I don't really know how to say this but it's very sad that a big and wellknown plugin can cause this type of destruction on a site.

I had to spend 75 dollar to hire a security company for them to scan and clean all malware code. The security company explained that the vulnerability came from theese 4 plugins from WPML:

1. sitepress-multilingual-cms
2. wpml-media-translation
3. wpml-string-translation
4. wpml-translation-management

Keep in mind that I just installed WPML and started using it a couple of days ago so yes everything was updated. Can you please doublecheck your plugins because there can be a lot of clients of yours that are infected with malware virus on their websites.