This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The client was not able to make the translated login page links (forget-password and register) work. The login page is created by the Ultimate Members plugin Solution: The ultimate members' plugin, have a setting to redirect all logged out traffic to the login page. We needed to exclude the forget-password and registration pages from this redirection. See attached screens in - https://wpml.org/forums/topic/redirect-in-forgot-password-and-register-page/page/2/#post-4339223 - https://wpml.org/forums/topic/redirect-in-forgot-password-and-register-page/page/2/#post-4339401

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by joans-14 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 8:08 pm #4310347

joans-14

Hello,
im facing with the next problem:

with ultimate member in login page, i have 2buttons: login, register
moreover i have the forgot your password link.

when I am on default language, If I click on register It redirects to /register, if I click on forgot your password it redirects to /forgot-password....

the problem is when i am in the another language. if I click on register it tries to redirect to a dynamic unknown page, the same occurs with forgot your password link.

This afternoon I got the string link behind Register button but it doesn't work because it keeps to redirect to the dynamic unknown link. Its very wierd.

I think the main problem is in ultimate member settings where you define the pages, if you change the language on the top, it doesnt any effect, is the same page for all both languages. I mean, you can't define a page per language.

looking forward to hearing from you.

July 31, 2019 at 7:49 am #4312491

joans-14

My problem is exactly like this: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/urls-de-formularios-traducidos-apuntan-a-idioma-principal/

but in my case...when I have translated string url....I go to spanish site in login form...If I press on register button it redirects me to a unknown dynamic page, very strange.

The same problem occurs when I press on forgot password link in spanish site in login form.

Still waiting. Thanks.

July 31, 2019 at 10:13 am #4313599

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I think that the solutions suggested in the ticket you mentioned may be viable for your use case. Here a translation of the page in English
hidden link

The plugin options(login and registration pages) can be translatable following this article:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

The XML configuration can be added following this articles:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/overriding-language-configuration-files/

If you still have doubts about implementing that, please allow me temporary access to your webste and let me check it further. Please make a database backup before sharing credentials.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

July 31, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4315943

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Unfortunately, the login/password are not working for me. Please check from your end, the user might have been blocked after several tries.
The private area is enabled to share credentials securely.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 31, 2019 at 6:43 pm #4317285

joans-14

hello, now it works.

can you try again?

thanks.

August 1, 2019 at 9:46 am #4320283

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I confirm, the login/password worked and I was able to access hidden link

But I am not able to access WordPress backend which should be accessible in hidden link I always got redirected to hidden link

I need to access WordPress backend to check the various settings for register and forget password pages for all languages. I suppose my user is not allowed to access it. Can you check again from your end?

Best regards,
Jamal

August 1, 2019 at 9:59 am #4320345

joans-14

hi jamal, now it works, you are able to access backend.

August 1, 2019 at 2:16 pm #4322607

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

For the "registration" page. You should first translate the registration page which have an ID 11. Go here and translate it hidden link

Then you will need to update the translation of "[um_options]core_register" under domain "admin_texts_um_options" in String Translation, with the ID of the translated page. See the attached image(core_register_page.png).

For the "forgot password" page. You will need to do the same for it, the page ID is 15, then update the translation of "[um_options]core_password-reset" under the same domain "admin_texts_um_options" with the ID of the page translation. See the attached image(forgot-password-page.png).

Let me know if this helps. I remain at your disposal.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 1, 2019 at 2:34 pm #4322777

joans-14

thanks for your reply jamal, one question, how can I know that "registration" page has ID11 and "forgotpassword" page has ID15 ?

regards

August 1, 2019 at 2:45 pm #4322833

joans-14

by the way, about my question, I "know" the id by the link.
another question....the pages were already translated.

and...I have translated both ID(11 and 15) but still is not working.

in summary:
button register is spanish site doesnt redirect to registration spanish page( redirect to english site).

and forgot password link....still redirects to a random dynamic page...

August 1, 2019 at 3:43 pm #4323557

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

The translation of the settings was not yet performed see the attached images to know how to do it.
Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue. Even after translating the setting, the issues with the register button and forget password redirect are still there.

In my opinion, this is a compatibility bug with WPML. To confirm that, I would like you to reproduce these issues in one of our servers. Please use the following link to login in.
hidden link

Configure WPML similarly to your website, upload the ultimate member plugin and create the required pages to reproduce this issue. Once it is reproduced on our server, I'll escalate this issue to our compatibility team.

Thank you,
Jamal

August 1, 2019 at 4:52 pm #4324305

joans-14

hi, I created pages but here works well.
register button in spanish site redirects to registration spanish page.

and forgot password link redirects to reset password page in spanish.

i dont know why my site is getting still problems.

any solution?

thanks.

August 2, 2019 at 8:48 am #4328271

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

The sandbox server did not have String Translation installed, I installed it and translated the plugin options and the issue was not reproduced. This means that there are no compatibility conflicts.

In order to investigate this further, without impacting your site and to be able to share it with other teams if needed, please see my private message(AUGUST 2, 2019 AT 8:48 AM) for instructions to migrate your site into our platform.
We'll check if the issue will be also present on our server, and we'll continue our investigations there.

Thank you,
Jamal

August 2, 2019 at 9:22 am #4328441

joans-14

hi jamal, i have already migrated my site into your server.

best regards.

August 2, 2019 at 2:29 pm #4330843

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Unfortunately, The migrated site is not stable, there is an error occurring from the theme's functions.php file requiring

require_once('/opt/arbitrage/wordpress/functions.php');

This file does not exist on our server in that path. I tried to understand where this file is, but could not find where. I assume it is a special file in your server, or the folder WordPress is special in your server.
Even if I renamed the theme folder, to use the default WordPress views, I still got errors and not able to build a working site.

We must then investigate the issue in your server, or in a staging server if you can provide one.

And I believe the issue is with redirection. If you try to access any of the following URLs you get redirected to their English pages:
- hidden link
- hidden link

I suspect that this is caused by your theme or one of your plugins, please check if the redirection will happen when:
- Only WPML plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugins.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

You will need to perform the redirection test in an incognito window and close it after each test, so the redirect will not be cached in the browser and redirects you even if the issue was resolved.

Best regards,
Jamal