This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 11:41 am #3710683

nickP-25

Tell us what you are trying to do? Before WPML I had a page for US visitors and a page for Spanish visitors. They could select their language from a drop-down language menu (plugin). The main site's language is English (UK). Now with the WPML language switcher, how can I test where my visitors are being redirected to? If I click 'spanish' on the language switcher, it just reloads the English homepage. I want it to redirect to the existing spanish page I had already created. Also, I have set the admin default language as English and on my profile settings but it keeps changing to whatever language on the page I am editing is, how do I keep the language as English please? I am going to hide all languages but english for now because they do not lead anywhere.

Is there any documentation that you are following? I looked at the WPML redirection and language switcher instructions but it didn't cover this issue.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? dermatuff.com

April 30, 2019 at 5:59 pm #3714007

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 1, 2019 at 5:06 pm #3718967

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and login information. This may be happening because of the following reason.

a) All the secondary languages are hidden. So please unhide the Spanish language for testing

b) Now the Homepage is not translated or connected. Please open the Spanish homepage for editing and connect it with the English homepage.

Please try it after a backup and let me know your feedback. Check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul