This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
July 28, 2019 at 10:58 am #4295407

ahmedB-8

I am trying to:redirect visitors to their preferred language English or Arabic

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:for me to be redirected to hidden link all the time

Instead, I got:the intro page hidden link

although i enabled option WPML->Languages->Browser language redirect
also can i use option Language filtering for AJAX operations for my currunt theme (BEtheme)
what is the solution please?

July 28, 2019 at 2:25 pm #4295559

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

you have a landing page on your site: hidden link
when I click on Arabic I see Arabic site.
So the landing page works as expected.
When you have a customized landing page user must select the language in almost all the cases.

If you disable that landing page, and if you visit to hidden link, what do you see?
How did you create this landing page?
Is it a plugin or custom coded?

i enabled option WPML->Languages->Browser language redirect
- this will work according to the browser language user set.
- so if your browser language is Arabic than you will be redirected to the Arabic site on your first visit.

Can i use option Language filtering for AJAX operations for my currunt theme (BEtheme)
- please open a new ticket for this to reduce the waiting time and to reduce the confusion.

Regards,
Riffaz.

July 29, 2019 at 6:47 am #4297223

ahmedB-8

my landing page works good and it redirects to English or Arabic version but every time i visit hidden link i have to choose English or Arabic it should know my preferable language ex Arabic for my case
i created the landing page via Language URL format>edit root page (not a plugin)
currently my browser language is English but i want to see hidden link Arabic version every time i visit hidden link
i think it can be accomplished by using cookies

July 29, 2019 at 9:41 am #4298385

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I understand your issue now.

The root page only serves the purposes of offering the same homepage no matter the visitor languages

So to do as you expect, you will need custom code, which unfortunately is beyond the scope of our support.

You can also see a list of available hooks, which may help in the development of the requested feature: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-coding-api/wpml-hooks-reference/

You can also use WordPress hooks, which you can see in the WordPress documentation: https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/

If you need custom programming work for your site, we recommend contacting one of our certified partners: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] redirect visitors to their preferred language’ is closed to new replies.