Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joeri 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
June 18, 2012 at 7:46 am #63543

Joeri

Hello,
I have set up WPML and it works great, but at the moment there is only dutch(standard language) and german. In germany there are many people (companies) using english for there browser language, so they are getting the dutch langauge first because english doesn't exists. Is there a way to redirect german users to the german language even if they use english as there browser langauge. Maybe like if browser langauge is english --> show german?

Best regards,
Joeri.

June 19, 2012 at 6:57 am #63670

Harshad

Dear Joeri,

In this event you can set german as your default language and Disable browser language redirect from WPML -> Languages.

June 19, 2012 at 7:45 am #63678

Joeri

Hello Harshad,

If I set it up like you say then the Dutch customers will first see the german version right? That wouldn't be a solution in this case, because I also want the Dutch customers to see there own language first. Is there another way?

Best regards,
Joeri.

June 19, 2012 at 8:43 am #63698

Harshad

Dear Joeri,

At the moment, what you are trying to achieve is not a feature yet.

I will add this as a feature request to our to do list, So this should be considered and hopefully get added in our next major release.

July 5, 2012 at 10:41 am #66306

Joeri

I hope this will be an option in the future. Thank you!

The topic ‘[Closed] redirect when language doesn't exists’ is closed to new replies.