This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 12:21 pm #3798041

samuelM-7

Tell us what you are trying to do?
-->Redirection issue after WPML translation
Is there any documentation that you are following?
No
Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

May 13, 2019 at 4:36 pm #3800635

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Could you please elaborate a little more on your question so I can better understand?

I visited the homepage and got an error "Too many redirects" are you talking about this issue?

Can you check in a minimal setup:
- Switch to a default theme(Twenty seventeen)
- Deactivate all plugins except WPML plugins.
Does the issue happen in this setup?

Can you activate PHP debugging to see if it caught any errors?
Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem, activating String Translation.
3. Share the debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here or using DropBox or GoogleDrive.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

May 14, 2019 at 4:26 am #3803513

samuelM-7

Hello Jamal

I have create 21382 page for Spanish of page 21379. But on edit it, then it is auto redirect its parent page 21379.
This is main issue.

hidden link
hidden link

Please check this screenshot and video.

May 14, 2019 at 11:17 am #3806257

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I see now the issue, but i wonder if we could see these two "Places" in the backend. I suspect that the redirect happens because the Spanish place is a duplicate, and is not editable, only the original is editable and then it uses the same content for it. It has to be translated independently so it can be edited. I am not sure yet.

Would it be possible to allow me temporary access to your website if it is available online?
If not, would it be possible to share a Duplicator package of your website? If ok, please use the filters to exclude uploads in order to reduce the size of the package. Then share a download link from DropBox or GDrive.

I activated the private box to share credentials or download links securely.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 15, 2019 at 9:57 am #3814647

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I tried to test the same "place" that you used for the screencast, but it was not there, so i checked another "place" with id #22510. As you can see in the attached image. It is a Spanish duplicate of the English "place".
If you want to edit this duplicate, you will need to click on the button "Translate independently" in "Language" box, in the framed are of the screenshot.
Only then, you will be able to edit the Spanish place, otherwise, it is still a duplicate of the English place and you will be redirected to edit the English place.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 16, 2019 at 4:27 am #3821913

samuelM-7

Hello Jamal,

This is not admin issue, In admin panel it working fine. But when i tried same process in frontend, it produce the issue. So please check same process in frontend.

Please check this video and check with new post at frontend. All process are explained in video

hidden link

May 16, 2019 at 9:58 am #3824367

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

A duplicate is not editable by design. It holds a copy of the original. If you update the original the updates are propagated to the duplicate. I guess that's the cause of the redirect.

If you want to update a duplicate independently, you must go to the backend and click on the button "Translate independently". Did you try that? Please try it and let me know if the redirect happens again, it won't.

To confirm that, I tested it, I clicked on "Translate independently" on the backend, then I went to the front end to edit. The redirect did not happen. See the attached image.

In conclusion, you can't edit a duplicate. Even in the backend, if you don't click "Translate independently" and you saved the post, it will lose the link to the original post and will be isolated as if it was created alone. If you need to update it and keep the link to the original, you will have to click on "Translate independently".

I hope this helps you understand how the WPML duplication is working. Feel free to add any details or questions you have.

Best regards,
Jamal

May 16, 2019 at 11:13 am #3825319

samuelM-7

Hello

if user type is subscriber then how he will access admin listings. Or every time user will wait for admin, When admin will click that button and after user will edit listing from front end.

May 16, 2019 at 12:03 pm #3825691

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I cannot answer this question right now. I am not familiar with the control that you used to duplicate the listing (around 4:03 of the screencast).
WPML does not offer a way to create translations from the frontend. A subscriber user has no user interface to be able to translate.

My guess is that user interface is added by a plugin. Can you specify which plugin?

Would you like to reproduce this issue in one of our clean installs? With the minimal possible number of plugins and a default theme like Twenty seventeen. If ok, please use the following link to login. The FTP credentials are in the Sandbox menu if needed. You will need to configure WPML similarly to your website.
hidden link

Best regards,
Jamal

May 16, 2019 at 1:18 pm #3826207

samuelM-7

Hello

Now i have setup geodirectory on your server with WPML settings. Here also facing same issue.Here i have install one plugin and GD starter and Supreme Directory (child theme) have installed.
So please have a look.

May 20, 2019 at 10:15 am #3845957

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I escalated the ticket to our Compatibility team for more analysis and a fix eventually. I'll get back to you as soon as we have a reply from the team.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 7, 2019 at 2:30 pm #3977123

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry to say that we could not resolve this issue on our own. We needed some work from the author who did not reply to us. Please contact the author and ask him to cooperate with us or to resolve the issue from his end.

Best regards,
Jamal