This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
June 17, 2019 at 4:55 pm #4037347

franks-53

We have a site running in 4 languages (NL/EN/DE/FR) where the default language is Dutch (NL). Now we are adding Swedish (SV) and Suomi (FI) but only a handful of pages will be translated into these languages. The rest of the (non translated) Swedish (SV) and Suomi (FI) pages we want to redirect to the English(EN) pages and the menu will also be English(EN). Is this possible without setting the default language to English (EN) because we want that to stay Dutch (NL).

June 17, 2019 at 7:37 pm #4038231

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. As it is not a feature WPML currently offer, I recommend you to try to make these redirections using this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/redirection/. Please, let me know if it helps. Have a nice day.

June 18, 2019 at 9:45 am #4042201

franks-53

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for your reply. Another option for us would be to set the WPML to browser language detection. Are there any numbers known at WPML what the behavior is with users where it comes to browser installation in English or in native language?

June 18, 2019 at 6:00 pm #4045687

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Unfornunately, I don't have these metrics for you regarding the browser usage in english or native languages, however I've found this resource: hidden link. Hope it helps, have a nice day.