This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by florinD-3 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 4:24 pm #4349555

florinD-3

Hi there,

my problem is, when i am on the english version of the website and click on "CONTACT" it switches back to german. How can that be?
Have a look: hidden link

The second one is, then im on the english version of the hidden link - site, and i want to go to checkout, it switches back to german again.

Need help soon,

BR
Florin

August 6, 2019 at 5:21 pm #4349713

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Regarding the first issue, could you please make sure that in the English Menu, you have entered the Contact page URL of the English version?

For the second one, could you please confirm that you have translated the Checkout page to English?

Also, your WP Memory limit is currently 40MB.
At least 128 MB is required for WPML. Could you please update the same? You can read the minimum requirements here: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can follow the steps in this link for updating WP Memory: https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php

Thanks,
Rohan

August 7, 2019 at 11:39 am #4354425

florinD-3

Hi Rohan,

thanks for your reply.

How can i make sure that i entered the URL of the english version? I looked for it all over wordpress and couldnt find it. Where can i do that?

And to the second topic, it just showed me the attached picture. What do i have to do? I asked my provider to set the WP Memory to 256MB.

BR
Florin

August 7, 2019 at 2:52 pm #4356171

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

For the first issue, please navigate to Appearance > Menus and select the menu you are displaying in the header.
From there you will be able to edit each menu item.

For the second one, navigate to Pages & select "Checkout" and translate the page.

For increasing the WP Memory,
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

Thanks,
Rohan

August 10, 2019 at 9:11 am #4375033

florinD-3

Hi Rohan,

the problem with the contact page translation is solved.

But the other one still remains, they translation stays red even though i already translated it, and also the translation for the checkout you said is not working. Is it because of the buttons that they have the wrong URL in their link?

And where can i do the WP Memory increase? Do i do that on the hosters website or directly on wordpress?

BR
Florin

August 12, 2019 at 8:23 am #4379119

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Instructions to send private information are here: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks,
Rohan

August 19, 2019 at 11:38 am #4415597

florinD-3

Hi Rohan,
the website currently has a problem, can i come back to you when its running again?

BR
Florin

August 19, 2019 at 3:10 pm #4417049

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, please let me know when you have solved the problem.

Thanks,
Rohan

September 1, 2019 at 9:49 am #4492331

florinD-3

Hi Rohan,

now it is available again!
How do I send you the private informations?

BR
Florin