Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
January 22, 2019 at 6:02 pm #3117793

daanF

I am trying to:
Going from one page to another by clicking on an image. but when the new page opens it goes to the Dutch translation instead of the French one.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link and then click on one of the top images that are scrolling.

I expected to see:
The translated french page.

Instead, I got:
The original Dutch page.

January 23, 2019 at 6:59 am #3119091

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please try to enable Ajax filtering at WPML > Languages > Language filtering for AJAX operations. Then click 'Save'.

Please refer to attached image for your reference.

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 23, 2019 at 10:45 am #3120081

daanF

I enabled Language filtering for AJAX operations but it does not seem to resolve the issue.

January 24, 2019 at 2:05 am #3122925

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please share your Debug information with me?

You can read the detailed explanation about it here.

http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support

The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

January 24, 2019 at 10:20 am #3124507

daanF

I added the debug information

January 25, 2019 at 1:32 am #3127374

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the WPML debug information.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take deeper look at the issue.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

*Important: Be sure to backup your site and database first before you provide us your access details!

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Redirects to Dutch page when it should show the French page’ is closed to new replies.