This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 8:20 am #4393327

daanB

When we activate Redis cache and go to the shop page in for instance the dutch version. The main categories (IE2, IE3) are displayed in Dutch. This is correct.

But All visitors that visit the website in other languages like for instance English or German will also see the categories in Dutch after the first visitor has viewed the categories in Dutch.

It does not matter what the first language is. The result is always the same. Redis is not able to cache the main woocommerce categories in different languages.

(please dont reply with something trivial like memory size. Everything else in the installation works fine)

August 14, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4395643

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I understand that you are reporting a compatibility issue between the plugin "Redis Object Cache" and WCML/WPML.

Specifically, when Redis is activated, the Woocommerce categories are not cached in different languages. Is this a correct restatement of the issue?

Unfortunately, this plugin is not yet appearing on our list of tested compatible plugins:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

If I provide to you a sandbox site pre-installed with WPML /WCML, would you be able to upload this plugin, activate and configure it, and then create a small example that demonstrates the issue?

In this way, I can then escalate the matter to our compatiibility team. I wait for your response.

August 15, 2019 at 8:11 am #4399415

daanB

Hi Yvette,

Your description of the problem is correct.

Setting up a secundary domain with Redis for WCML compatibility testing is not a possibility Im afraid. But since caching is getting more and more important I reckon WPML could try to check this issue when adding Redis Object Cache to the plugin compatibility list.

It seems that there is no reserved object space for the categories in the main shop page in a specific language. Every following WCML categorie and product are working as expected.

August 15, 2019 at 4:11 pm #4402313

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

You wrote: "..Setting up a secundary domain with Redis for WCML compatibility testing is not a possibility Im afraid..."

Do you think this problem is only appearing with secondary domains? Do you think it does not appear with a different URL setting such as "different languages per directory"?

August 16, 2019 at 9:06 am #4405547

daanB

Im sorry. I am talking about a sandbox situation. We don't have the time/resources to set this up. My suggestion is that since Redis is becoming pretty important for WPML/WCML websites I would like to suggest that youguys from WPML set this up and try to get Redis on the compatibility list.

August 16, 2019 at 10:24 am #4405821

Yvette
Supporter

We would setup the sandbox - in fact, please find the link here:
hidden link

It is already configured with WPML and Woocommerce sample products. We don´t have the speicific Redis knowledge to know how to configure the plugin which is why we would ask for your assistance on that part:

- upload the plugin
- configure it
- create an example that demostrates the issue
- send us steps to see it

Without this, I can tell you that the compatibility work will be stalled or never begin as we don´t have other clients asking for the work to be done at this time.

August 19, 2019 at 7:43 am #4414117

daanB

I can ask our Redis guy to install and configure the plugin but I think we would also need access to a local Redis server. I don´t know if we can access our provider's Redis server from your WP sandbox.

Do youguys have access to a Redis server from this sandbox install?

August 19, 2019 at 9:27 am #4414859

Yvette
Supporter

No - we do not have access to a REDIS server from the sandbox site nor from any of our local servers.

Hmmm.

What we can try to do is to have your guy install and configure the REDIS plugin. Then please send us a zip of software to create a REDIS local server.

I can then send the instructions of REDIS local server along with a clone of the configured sandbox site to the compatibility team sot that they can setup a complete testing environment.

Would that make sense/meet the operational needs?

August 19, 2019 at 10:06 am #4415063

daanB

Wow that sound like a lot of work and resources needed.

I am waiting on our Redis guy for a possible solution. If we cannot find one this week, I will ask for an estimate for the necessary resources and evaluate if this is worth the trouble and resource/time investment. (simple solution is to exclude the main shop page from Redis Cache)

I will be in touch

August 19, 2019 at 10:10 am #4415079

Yvette
Supporter

I agree and your proposal make sense. We´ll wait for your evaluation.

August 19, 2019 at 10:10 am #4415081

Yvette
Supporter

I agree and your proposal make sense. We´ll wait for your evaluation.

The topic ‘[Closed] Redis cache is not caching categories correctly in woocommerce multilingual’ is closed to new replies.