This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to show custom fields on translation after translation preferences have been set Solution: Let's say you have the following scenario: - You set translation preferences of fields within any of the field groups - you open the original page and simply click "Update" - when you do the above, the translation picks up these new values for the custom fields ( for example translation or copy) - by doing this, all the custom fields should appear ( or disappear) from translation editor ( either advanced translation editor or classic), based on the translation preferences you have chosen for each of the fields

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by chrisL-34 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 12:09 pm #4380625

chrisL-34

Hi,

I'm trying to refresh the custom fields for an already translated version of a page/post. Some of the pages we initially translated are missing many fields for ACF, and I'm sure this will come up again in the future.

However there seems to be no way to do it besides completely deleting the old one and drafting a new version of the page? Surely this is possible in an easier way?

See attached images, the English translated versions have very few translatable fields(and many fields aren't copied like they should be). But then the French translation has the option of all the translations of the custom fields as it should be(as we haven't made a translation to french yet, a clean slate if you will).

We've deleted the translated page by filtering by English pages, but the translation remains the same as well. I've also looked around but haven't been able to find anything that solves this so I'm submitting this ticket instead. Any help with this would be very appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

What is the link to your site?

August 13, 2019 at 9:05 am #4386369

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I'm not sure I am very clear on what the issue is. However, when it comes to this:

Surely this is possible in an easier way?

Let's say you have the following scenario:
- You set translation preferences of fields within any of the field groups
- you open the original page and simply click "Update"
- when you do the above, the translation picks up these new values for the custom fields ( for example translation or copy)
- by doing this, all the custom fields should appear ( or disappear) from translation editor ( either advanced translation editor or classic), based on the translation preferences you have chosen for each of the fields

Can you tell me if this helps in any way?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 14, 2019 at 8:14 am #4393231

chrisL-34

I was sure I had pressed update as the Custom Fields were the same everytime I loaded the page, but after pressing update on the original language I could update the english translation. So simple I missed it completely.

Big thanks for your help Bruno! 🙂