Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jovana Nisic 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
February 1, 2023 at 12:10 pm #12937445

Jovana Nisic

Hello,

I am currently working on this site hidden link , where the default language is German, and there are also English, Serbian and Bosnian (it's hidden for now). The problem I have is when I am on the German Home page and try to switch to English or Serbian, it always stays on the German home page like the translations doesn't exist, but they do, because when I switch to About us page in German, change the language for example to English and then click on Home from main menu, it changes to the correct version.

I tried some things like changing the WP_MEMORY, changing something on the German Home page and saving it again to change the translations, but the wheel "Refreshing translation status" is constantly there. Can you help me?

Screenshot_1.png
February 2, 2023 at 4:11 am #12943211

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

It looks like the home page translation is stuck, please follow the documentation below to resolve this https://wpml.org/faq/translation-status-stuck-or-displaying-the-error-wpml-didnt-manage-to-translate-this-page/

You can also try to enable a minimal environment as below and see if it helps.
- Deactivate all non-WPML plugins
- Switch to a standard theme of WordPress
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

February 2, 2023 at 7:45 am #12944379

Jovana Nisic

Hi there,
I tried to do everything you mentioned, and it is still not working.
Somehow I can not make any changes to the page, it can't be saved, and it also did not work with plugin deactivations or translator editing.

February 2, 2023 at 9:23 am #12945009

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

You can use this plugin to create the backup: 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks

February 3, 2023 at 2:19 am #12951785

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Can you please confirm it works now on your side?

What I've done:
- Check and increase the WP memory limit, please read more on the documentation https://wpml.org/faq/checklist-before-opening-a-ticket-in-wpml-support/
- Deactivate and reactivate, clear caches of some caching plugins WP Rocket, Redis Object Cache
- Go to WPML > Translation Management > Send the homepage to translation and translate it then the translation is delivered completely

Thanks

February 3, 2023 at 8:30 am #12953415

Jovana Nisic

I did try all the things you mentioned in the last reply, as I said the first time I wrote, and it did not work. I see that you added new pages to the site, but it doesn't matter, the issue is resolved now. Thank you.

February 3, 2023 at 9:44 am #12954037

Jovana Nisic

Hi there,

I am facing the same issue again, after I managed to save just one translation of the pages you added. The wheel "Refreshing translation status" is constantly there, so the translations can't be saved. I did all of that:
- Check and increase the WP memory limit, please read more on the documentation https://wpml.org/faq/checklist-before-opening-a-ticket-in-wpml-support/
- Deactivate and reactivate, clear caches of some caching plugins WP Rocket, Redis Object Cache
- Go to WPML > Translation Management > Send the homepage to translation and translate it then the translation is delivered completely

Also, I already changed the password I provided you, so I will send you another one when you send the private message request.

Img.jpg
scrnli_2_3_2023_10-15-55 AM.png
February 4, 2023 at 8:03 am #12959961

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I'd recommend you try to enable a minimal environment again to see if it helps.
- Deactivate all non-WPML plugins
- Switch to a standard theme of WordPress

If not, please share your site credentials again. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

Thanks

February 6, 2023 at 1:40 am #12964489

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

When checking the translation of the homepage "Startseite" from German to Bosnian, I see it is not translated completely. Please check this screenshot hidden link

Please go to:
- Pages > Edit the home page > Click on the translation icon to translate the page from German to Bosnian
- Or WPML > Translations > Find the job and edit the home page from German to Bosnian

Then recheck this issue. The translation from German to English is complete so the refreshing (circle arrows) icon does not display, it changed to the pen icon as well. You can also follow the documentation below to delete the job that is stuck and translate the homepage again.
https://wpml.org/faq/translation-status-stuck-or-displaying-the-error-wpml-didnt-manage-to-translate-this-page/

Thanks

February 6, 2023 at 1:07 pm #12968353

Jovana Nisic

It works now for the pages, but it still does not work for the products. I did try all the steps you mentioned and also everything I found in the documentation.

image 8.jpg
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.