This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 12, 2019 at 1:44 pm #4004863

javierO-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to register three domains: 2 dev URLs and the production URL. My question is if I work on one of the dev URL and I translate everything on one of them, will I be able to move that content to the other dev and production URL without affecting the translation? For example, we want to use translation machine but if we pay for a quota and we don't use it completely, are we going to have the same quota (number of words available) on the other URLs?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No, I couldn't find anything

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
DEV URL: hidden link

DEV URL: hidden link

PRODUCTION URL: hidden link

June 12, 2019 at 3:48 pm #4005891

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

You are able to set up WPML up only one domain through a WordPress setup. If you want to use multiple domains, you can use the domain per language option.

You can find more about how to do that here:
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

So practically, everything will be stored on one server, on the server where the main domain (for the main/default language) is hosted and in the WPML settings, you will be able to set up multiple domains for each language.

Regarding the machine translation quota, yes, it will be available for any of the languages/domains.

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Please let me know if you have any more questions regarding this topic.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei