This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Anthony Dennis 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 25, 2018 at 4:05 pm #2230759

Anthony Dennis

I cannot register my site although I have a valid key. Every time I enter the key and press ok, loading icon doesn't stop and in the end, I have the following message: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 45000 milliseconds
I have read Vincenzo's Solution to this: Try these steps: - Disable the "Keep wpml.org up-to-date about which theme and plugins I use" option - Go to Dashboard -> Updates - Press the "Check again" button - Scroll down to the bottom of the page - Press the "Update" button - Go to Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial - Try to register again
But it doesn't work for me and I still cannot register my site to update the modules. When I disable "Keep wpml.org up-yo-date etc it still times out as before. Also it doesn't stay disabled after you close the plugin window.
I have recently moved my site from 1&1 to SiteGround and this is when the problem started.

May 28, 2018 at 12:23 pm #2238487

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

There are indeed a number of support tickets reporting this and all of them are resolved by turning off the "Sending data for plugins/themes" checkbox.

I understand that you are unable to set this checkbox which means you are unable to resolve this problem. So, I will help you to save this required setting.

1. Temporary Access to your system
Could you please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem? The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. Please install and activate the ARI Adminer plugin as well.

Thanks

May 28, 2018 at 3:07 pm #2239665

Anthony Dennis

I had other problems with the site which were resolved by the host SiteGround and whatever they were seems to have resolved the WPML issues.