Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Max Kovalenkov 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Max Kovalenkov.

Author Posts
August 12, 2020 at 12:48 pm #6786205

Fabrice

Bonjour Support

Je poursuis mon investigation dans un autre billet car le précédent a été clos.
https://wpml.org/fr/forums/topic/domaine-different-selon-la-tradution/#post-6784629

J'ai résolu certain points et tout le site est maintenant en français sur l'extension .fr et en anglais sur l’extension .com...SAUF sur la home sur laquelle j'ai toujours un blocage car elle redirige le .fr > .com

→ Verriez vous une explication pour cela ?

J'ai découvert un autre souci dans le translation management qui pourrait être à l'origine de cela (?) : en effet lorsque je vais dans WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Jobs
J'ai un message qui s'affiche et annonce "Failed to fetch"

Tout est à jour pourtant, et cela semble un souci de droit
→ Comment puis-je résoudre cela ?

Merci Andrés !

August 12, 2020 at 3:07 pm #6787367

Fabrice

<in english>

Hello Support

I'm following my investigation in another post because the previous one has been closed.
https://wpml.org/fr/forums/topic/domaine-different-selon-la-tradution/#post-6784629

I solved some points and the whole site is now in French on the .fr extension and in English on the .com extension...EXCEPT on the home on which I still have a block because it redirects the .fr > .com

→ Would you see an explanation for this?

I discovered another problem in translation management that could be at the origin of this (?) : indeed when I go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Jobs
I've got a message coming up saying "Failed to fetch."

It's all up to date, though
→ How can I solve this?

Thank you

Translated with hidden link (free version)

August 13, 2020 at 5:08 am #6791295

Fabrice

I've discovered this morning that my address included in
Language URL format > A different domain per language
was redirected from .com to .fr if I use an address whithout www
wasn't redirected (stuck in .com) if I use an address whith www (original format in my site)

thks for your help

August 13, 2020 at 6:45 pm #6798075

Max Kovalenkov
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Russian (Русский ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Toronto (GMT-04:00)

Hello,

From your earlier conversation with Andrés and from what you're describing here, it sounds as an issue with server configuration - or a mixture of server configuration and the plugins that are active on the site.

Is it possible to create a staging site on the same server, as Andrés suggested?

Also, could you share the contents of the .htaccess file on the server? It should be in the root directory of the site - the same directory as wp-config.php. Your latest message points to a possible configuration issue in this file. I saw that you've already recreated it in July - I just want to make sure everything is working in it.

August 14, 2020 at 2:26 pm #6803797

Fabrice

Thanks for your answer
I will create a staging site an be back to you

My htaccess is quite simple and minimalist

# BEGIN WordPress
# The directives (lines) between `BEGIN WordPress` and `END WordPress` are
# dynamically generated, and should only be modified via WordPress filters.
# Any changes to the directives between these markers will be overwritten.
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress
August 14, 2020 at 3:24 pm #6804215

Max Kovalenkov
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Russian (Русский ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Toronto (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for sharing the .htaccess file!

Please send me a note once the staging site is ready.

The topic ‘[Closed] Réglage de la page d'accueil et’ is closed to new replies.