If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
February 27, 2019 at 2:58 pm #3250949

sergeyS-14

I need to update some import with more posts

I follow the guide from here: hidden link
updated by my_own_id field witch i use as connector between languages.
And successfully updated posts in English.

But how i can do this for translations? Shold i need to add new Translations instead of update? Can you explain what to do in this case?

To be more clear i got image attached.

February 28, 2019 at 12:21 pm #3255151

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

For the translations, you need to set the latest default language import to be the parent for the translations to be connected. Looking at your screenshot the parent import needs be this file: mallorca_2019-02-26_15.30.31-en.csv

Please note that you need to set the same 'Unique identifier' / 'connector' (the my_own_id field in your case) in two places. Once in the WP All Import on step number three. And once in the 'Unique Identifier' field of the 'Automatic Record Matching to Translate' section.
Please see our documentation video.
Here: hidden link
And here: hidden link

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

February 28, 2019 at 1:31 pm #3255536

sergeyS-14

I already see those videos, and its works in case when you add translation with SAME amount of data, but as i need to know want to choose in case i UPDATE and ADD new.

What to use? New Items or Existing? And how is WPML addon will relate data from different sources (first import when 33 and second when was 60 more) ?

hidden link ?

February 28, 2019 at 10:04 pm #3257519

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Please tell me if I understand correctly the import steps that you did.

1. Imported mallorca1.csv in the English language (default language of the site) which contained 33 posts.

2. Imported mallorca_ru.csv which contained 33 posts in the Russian language as the translations for the mallorca1.csv.

3. Imported mallorca_es.csv which contained 33 posts in the Spanish language as the translations for the mallorca1.csv.

4. Imported mallorca_2019-02-26_15.30.31-en.csv in the English language which contained 94 posts. As a result of this import 33 existing posts from mallorca1.csv were updated and 61 new posts were added in the English language.

Is this the process that you did?
If so then what did you chose on step 4, 'New Items' or 'Existing items'?

And now you want to import mallorca_2019-02-27_18.21.36-es.csv as the Spanish translation. How many posts are in this file?

I look forward to your reply!

Itamar.

March 1, 2019 at 10:19 am #3259602

sergeyS-14

My issue is resolved now. Thank you very much for clarification this is all what i need to know!

March 3, 2019 at 9:49 am #3265911

Itamar
Supporter

Great, I'm glad that it is solved now!
Good luck with your web projects 🙂
Itamar.