Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.70 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Cristina 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Cristina.

Author Posts
November 4, 2017 at 11:52 am #1420815

Karl

One of our translators has provided an updated version of a translated page into an xliff file.
Importing/uploading it give a notification that all went well (translation uploaded and completed), but checking the page, the new translation has not been processed. Instead it still shows the previous version.

How can I overwrite adjusted translations?

November 6, 2017 at 3:43 pm #1422150

Cristina

Hello Karl,

thanks for contacting and for the debug information.

This could be a temporary issue with the translation editor not loading the updated contents.

Could you please check this:

Please mark the existing translation as completed and save it.
Then change a small detail in the original page and update that page.
Then open the translation editor again to check if the new content from the xliff files is now showing correct in the translation editor?

If this shows ok the, there may have been any changes in the original page while the translation was not completely marked as finished or a job was still pending. Changing and updating will have loaded the last version.

If this does not help, I would like to check the site more in detail.

Kind regards,

Cristia

November 6, 2017 at 6:29 pm #1422428

Karl

Hi Cristia, this does not work.

Can I send you the translation file, so you can see yourself what is going wrong here?

November 6, 2017 at 6:51 pm #1422445

Cristina

Hello Karl,

I am enabling the private reply box for your next answer, so you can paste a temporary access and you can paste a link the file there too. You can put there a dropbox link or another private link you want to share.

The file alone may not reveal much, because the problem may be related also to the translation manager.

Kind regards,
Cristina

November 7, 2017 at 6:11 pm #1423633

Cristina

Hello Karl,

thanks for the data, I could access the ftp and downloaded the xliff files, but I can't log in to the site, so I am using the last duplicate to check on a local install.

I see that you are using W3 Total Cache and WP Rocket at the same time. This could be an issue. I will check if disabling the cache helps to retrieve the correct content.

Could you check the credentials please?

Kind regards,
Cristina

November 7, 2017 at 6:23 pm #1423650

Karl

sorry, the username should be only the first 2 letters, not 4

I am definately not using W3 Total Cache, only WP rocket.
Already tried without cache, but does not solve.

November 7, 2017 at 8:33 pm #1423800

Cristina

Hello Karl,

thanks for the update, I have logged in correctly now. Maybe I saw an old plugin folder in the FTP, as there was also a file called advanced-cache.php that seemed to belong to the cache plugin.

I checked the page and it seems that the translation editor is having a problem to load. The admin is showing a 500 error when loading the translation, as if it was having connection problems with the database.

I have to check that more in depth, because this may not be related to the xliff files.

Kind regards,
Cristina

November 9, 2017 at 12:39 pm #1425965

Cristina

Hello Karl,

as the translation has been sent to the translator user, the XLIFF files has to be uploaded from the translation queue of that user too. This page's update is blocked for any manual changes as long as it is in the translators queue. I tried to update it, but it is not possible, it's blocked.

As it is only one page, the easiest way to get the text online would be to redo the translation.

If you have saved the texts for it, please uncheck the translated fields you need to change in the translation editor and save it as uncomplete. Then update the original page and open the now unfinished translation again and paste manually the corrected text to it. If you have access to the translators que you can upload the xliff file from there too.

Please check that the ID is the same and when comparing the old and the new xliff files the code in the second line (original code) it similar too, otherwise it will not be recognized.

I think the easiest way to solve it would be to delete the turkish translation, update the original page and then duplicate / translate the page again for turkish, inserting the updated texts.

Kind regards,
Cristina

The topic ‘[Closed] reimporting xliff file does not reflect changes’ is closed to new replies.