This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by EckyBrazzz 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 4:39 am #3911723

EckyBrazzz

Tell us what you are trying to do? Reinstall WPML

Is there any documentation that you are following? NOPE

I uninstalled wmpl without using https://wpml.org/faq/how-wpml-reset-works/
and deleted the MySQL tables manually. Now I want to reinstall but it won't recreate the tables.

There are some tables intact because it remembered that it was licensed. Just wanted to clean up the MySQL dbasea bit; Only now I don't know how to fix it. I can copy over the deleted tables from another fresh install, but don't know if that will work.

May 29, 2019 at 4:45 am #3911725

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

Please go to *_options database table and delete the ‘icl_sitepress_settings’ entry. This caused WPML to start over with set up.

Thank you

May 29, 2019 at 4:57 am #3911761

EckyBrazzz
801 	icl_sitepress_settings 	a:65:{s:19:"hide_upgrade_notice";s:5:"4.1.3";s:25:... 	yes

Deleted and uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin.

But even after doing

WPML is missing some records in the languages tables and it cannot fully work until this issue is fixed.
Please go to the Troubleshooting page and click on "Clear language information and repopulate languages" to fix this problem.

This warning will disappear once this issue is fixed.

It won't work

May 29, 2019 at 5:06 am #3911771

EckyBrazzz

Updated debug info.

The only thing that WPML shows is in the screenshot

hidden link

May 29, 2019 at 6:31 am #3912091

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

=== Please backup your database and website ===

- As you are configuring WPML first time on this site and do not have any translated data yet then you can fix this issue by removing WPML and all its data completely from database, To do so, please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting (the link is at the bottom of the support page). >> There, click on “Reset and deactivate WPML” >> then Delete the plugin.

- After deleting all WPML data and WPML related plugins then please install WPML plugins again and I hope now you will not face any issue.

May 29, 2019 at 4:38 pm #3917455

EckyBrazzz

Had to download the latest version of WPML before installing the plugin. Already tried to reinstall it with a version of dec/2018 before your last post but that gave an error.

After following the steps in the latest post for a second time with the updated plugin it worked

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

May 29, 2019 at 9:04 pm #3918677

EckyBrazzz

Great support Noman!

May 29, 2019 at 9:05 pm #3918683

EckyBrazzz

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!