This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
March 12, 2019 at 12:29 pm #3322025

gregR-3

Hi,

my page is translated into 27 languages.
Due to one of WPML updates all my media got duplicated into all languages.

Now I've started cleaning unused images and there are 38178 images to be removed.

I've read on other threads that you're able to provide us with a script that may clean all duplicated images. Is that true?

Thank you in advanced.

March 13, 2019 at 1:04 am #3329067

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

unfortunately we cannot provide the script but i can attempt to run it on your site , before proceeding please do note that it is important to note that this might not be succesfull and might not remove all or any of your duplicates as we wrote this script for an older version of WPML that was meant to deal with Ghost images.

additionally if this does not work If and WPML tables are still there(which i am guessing they are), you can follow this process which i understand is not the best approach but better than 1 by 1 deletion :
* Go to Media > Library
* In the WordPress admin bar, use the language selector to choose the language you want to remove.
** The media listed will be for that language.
* Select all the media, and from Bulk Actions select Delete permanently. This will delete only the media for the selected language.

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] Remove all duplicated, unused images’ is closed to new replies.