This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 31, 2019 at 8:00 am #3928375

harrietK-2

I would like to remove the WooCommerce translations so the english shop is site wide for each translation, is this fairly straight forward or any procedure I can follow?

Many thanks

May 31, 2019 at 12:34 pm #3930497

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Harriet,

The process should be pretty simple. All you have to do is delete all the translated pages and go to Dashboard → Settings → Settings → Post Types Translation. Here, for the Pages select the Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language option (the middle column). This way, in the shop area, since things will no longer be translated, the pages from the original language will be displayed. Can you try this out and tell me how it works, please?

Thanks,
Radu

June 3, 2019 at 1:42 pm #3942961

harrietK-2

Hi Radu,

I've had a look at this and it seems the rest of the options are greyed out, its stuck on Translatable - only show the translated items

June 3, 2019 at 1:44 pm #3942989

harrietK-2

Please see

June 4, 2019 at 2:34 pm #3952757

harrietK-2

I've changed this setting but it does not show the Product created in the original language ( English ) on the Dutch or german version of the site. Any ideas?

June 10, 2019 at 11:23 am #3987087

Radu
Supporter

Hey Harriet,

Have you removed the translation of the products from Nederlands and Deutsch? As long as there is a translation for a product, that will be displayed instead of the one from English. However, if you delete the translations (and selected the Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language option as explained in my previous message), the products from English should be displayed in all the languages.
Before doing this, please create a backup of your website. This way, if anything goes wrong, you'll be able to go back to the working state in no time.

Thanks,
Radu

June 24, 2019 at 7:57 am #4075235

harrietK-2

Hi Radu,

Sorry for the late reply, we had a promotion ongoing and did not want to mess around with the store during this time.

This still does not seem to be working. The product never appears in the dutch or german store from the english product with no translations?

Any ideas?

many thanks

June 26, 2019 at 11:22 am #4091975

Radu
Supporter

Hey Harriet,

No worries. I hope that the promotion you had was a success 🙂

Now, let's see what we can do about the products. Can you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a look at the settings and see why the products are not appearing in Dutch or German version, please? I set the next reply to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Remove Other translations, only keep english. But viewable on all translations’ is closed to new replies.