This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

The problem : Remove WPML Renew Nag for Lifetime License Holders

Solution: Upgrade to WPML 3.1.7.2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pieter 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 26, 2014 at 8:06 am #457504

Pieter

The new installer function of WPML 3.1.7 is superawesome and a massive improvement from the previous updating process!

There is however one issue and that is the renew nag. Especially for lifetime license holders it is quite a nuisance to see these nags (depending on the amount of Addons installed) with a negative number that doesn't make sense.

As plenty of developers also use it on sites of their clients, I decided to quickly put together a function that removes the nag.

Now I strongly advise to ONLY use this code snippet if you have the lifetime license.

My best guess is that soon this nag problem will be solved, but in the meantime and especially for use on client sites it might come in handy:

function so_remove_wpml_renew_nag_on_lifetime_license() {

remove_action( 'admin_notices', array( WP_Installer::instance(), 'setup_plugins_renew_warnings' ), 10 );
	remove_action( 'admin_notices', array( WP_Installer::instance(), 'queue_plugins_renew_warnings' ), 20 );

}

add_action( 'admin_notices', 'so_remove_wpml_renew_nag_on_lifetime_license' );

Full snippet also available at: hidden link

August 26, 2014 at 1:58 pm #457825

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Thanks for contacting us.

We've recently released 3.1.7.2. Can you please upgrade to it and check if our developers implemented this already ?

Thank You again!

August 26, 2014 at 2:03 pm #457833

Pieter

Just attempted the auto upgrade, but will have to resort to manual upgrade due to:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_current_language() on a non-object in /path/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/functions.php on line 2372
August 26, 2014 at 2:10 pm #457839

Pieter

Manual upgrade works and the issue now is finally resolved.

Pity that the changelog doesn't mention any of this...