Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I remove YOAST after using it and change it with All in one seo pack. But when I go to translation, the field-_yoast_wpseo_title, field-_yoast_wpseo_metadesc, field-_yoast_wpseo_focuskw, field-_yoast_wpseo_opengraph-description is still there.

Please help to remove this. I dont want to use 2 meta description for my website.

Solution: Uninstalling the plugin does not remove Yoast SEO data from your database that’s why those fields were still showing in translation editor. I have removed Yoast SEO fields from wp_postmeta table using Adminer plugin and now when we update Primary language page and then open translated page in translation editor it does not show Yoast SEO fields anymore.

Relevant Documentation: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ari-adminer/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by richardM-12 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
July 28, 2018 at 12:55 am #2589752

setyo-hadiJ

Dear WPML, Great plugin.

I remove YOAST after using it and change it with All in one seo pack which is more suitable for me. But when I go to translation field field-_yoast_wpseo_title, field-_yoast_wpseo_metadesc, field-_yoast_wpseo_focuskw, field-_yoast_wpseo_opengraph-description is still there

I also remove all YOAST SEO table on wp_postmeta.

Please help to remove this. I dont want to use 2 meta description for my website.

July 30, 2018 at 12:43 pm #2594050

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

You shouldn't have two meta description for the site.

This fields:
_yoast_wpseo_title, field-_yoast_wpseo_metadesc, field-_yoast_wpseo_focuskw, field-_yoast_wpseo_opengraph-description

only tells WPML what to do with those Yoast SEO fields in the translation.

But if the Yoast SEO fields are not in the original content (they won't be as you removed it), nothing should happen.

Are you seeing the meta description twice anywhere on your site?

Kind regards,

Otto

July 31, 2018 at 2:01 am #2596103

setyo-hadiJ

I want to remove all off this

_yoast_wpseo_title, field-_yoast_wpseo_metadesc, field-_yoast_wpseo_focuskw, field-_yoast_wpseo_opengraph-description

because now, i am using all in one seo plugin (which is suitable for me. and also competible with WPML too.

Please see screenshot,
I dont know how to remove it. I delete all YOAST SEO table on wp_postmeta. but that field is still there.

July 31, 2018 at 2:29 pm #2598588

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Setyo-hadi,

Otto is not available today, I would like to take care of your ticket if you agree.

- Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

- Please increase MaxInputVars to 10000 or more. For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 10000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 10000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 10000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

- Please make sure you are using updated version of Porto Theme.

- We have released updated version of WPML plugins. Can you please take a backup of your site and update ALL WPML plugins and check that if the issue is resolved?

- If still issue persists, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Add backend page/post link where I can see the issue.

Thank you

August 6, 2018 at 3:58 pm #2616622

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Setyo-hadi,

Uninstalling the plugin does not remove Yoast SEO data from your database that’s why those fields were still showing in translation editor. I have removed Yoast SEO fields from wp_postmeta table using Adminer plugin and now when we update Primary language page and then open translated page in translation editor it does not showing Yoast SEO fields anymore.

Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you

August 7, 2018 at 12:18 am #2617783

setyo-hadiJ

May be you should add this feature in the future.

Thanks you. Great plugin, great team support

August 31, 2020 at 10:05 am #6905497

richardM-12

Hi, I need to remove yoast fields. I've already uninstalled YOAST SEO plugin, but these fields are still appearing...Could you please help me to resolve this issue?Thanks