Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The user has updated a menu in the primary language then synced it to secondary language but there was still some items in the secondary language menu that were not removed. Solution: - Switch to secondary language in the menus screen and check the translated menu, update it manually if necessary. - Purge any cache.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by julienE-2 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
September 2, 2019 at 3:11 pm #4498081

julienE-2

I am trying to:
Use the menu sync

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Some pages removed from English (main language) still appear in translated menus

Instead, I got:
I have old pages still in menu

The links are nothing special. They are a link to "My Account" for example (woocommerce.

Please advise how to properly handle sync.

Thanks,

Julien

September 2, 2019 at 5:23 pm #4499397

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Can you please go to Appearance->Menus, then switch to secondary language using the admin topbar language switcher, then check the translated menu if It still contains the removed items. If yes, please remove those items manuall and check if it resolves the issue.
If instead the menu is correctly updated in the backend, it may be a caching issue, just purge any caching system you have and ask your hosting provider to do so if they are enabling some server-level caching systems.

Let me know what you will get.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 2, 2019 at 8:30 pm #4499935

julienE-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!