This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ooluja 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
July 31, 2012 at 4:22 pm #69779

ooluja

Hi guys,

I have a problem that bothers me for a long time.

Why is media translation WPML plugin not deleting images in gallery from other languages when I delete them from the default language?

Same question here: http://wpml.org/forums/topic/duplicate-media-after-delete-some-of-them/

I there a way to resolve that issue?

I've tried with the button "Scan and duplicate attachments" but it didn't worked.

Thanks in advance for the help!

August 1, 2012 at 5:19 am #69820

Harshad

The media translation plugin will allow to use the same uploaded media (images, audio, movies, etc.) in different translations, without having to re-upload duplicate content.

When you insert media to posts and pages, Media Translation will offer to auto-duplicate it to translations. Then, when you use the WordPress gallery shorttag, the same images will appear in all translations.

It does not delete the translations. you will have to delete it from media -> library.

August 1, 2012 at 11:32 am #69882

ooluja

It's a bit inconvenient for my clients to manually delete images from other languages (in media -> library) :-/

Do you guys plan to add such a feature in a newer version of media translation or is there any available plugin who can do this job automatically?

August 2, 2012 at 9:00 am #69987

Harshad

Okay, I will add this as a feature request, our development team should work on it.

I am not sure if there's any other plugin available, may be you can give a try to search on http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

August 2, 2012 at 11:01 am #70010

ooluja

Thanks Harshad! I really need this feature. 😉

The topic ‘[Closed] Removing images from gallery wpml media’ is closed to new replies.