This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 2:14 pm #4597429

philipmartinjones

We are preparing to translate many, but not all, of the pages on europeansnowsport.com.

The facilities of translation management seem very useful and we want to work with icanlocalize to translate all of these pages.

However there are some services which we cannot offer to French and German-speaking clients, so we need to remove certain blocks of text from many of the pages that we are translating. For example, on the homepage we have a block of content referring to our 'Kids Academy' which is only suitable for English speakers.

The website content has been built using Visual Composer, so it is very hard to edit pages without using the visual composer editor. I cannot see how I can go into the design of a translated page and use visual composer to modify it, for example to remove unwanted blocks of content.

Please can you help me work out how to do this?

Thanks,

Philip

September 19, 2019 at 11:17 am #4604231

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

To accomplish your goal I recommend you to follow this steps:
- Translate the page using the Translation Manager.
- Once the page is translated then: Edit the page in the default language -> Switch languages using the language switcher in the admin menu at the top -> Click on 'Edit anyways' button -> Activate Visual Composer if necessary and remove the section -> Save the changes.

Please keep in mind that the steps above will be overwritten if the page translation is updated.

Kind regards,
Carlos