This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 1:50 pm #4459341

Anthony

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am trying to rename text in My account page: login/register to be Sign In/Sign Up (screenshot: hidden link )

Is there any documentation that you are following?

No... I contacter WooCommerce who sent me here...

Is there a similar example that we can see?

I don't think so

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

August 26, 2019 at 2:02 pm #4459459

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

This strings can be translated using the String Translation plugin. Please visit this link where you will find the steps to follow in order to translate strings using WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Note: Please search within admin texts if necessary. You will find the steps to translate those in the same link at the end.

Kind regards,
Carlos

August 26, 2019 at 2:05 pm #4459497

Anthony

Hi Carlos,
Actually, I was able to translate it to french, this is fine and the string translations are working fine.

But the original text is in English and I can't find how to modify it? it seems that I can only modify the translations, but not original text: hidden link

August 26, 2019 at 2:48 pm #4459895

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Within WPML you will be able to add/edit the translations and no the original texts. To change the original text you will need custom coding which falls outside of the scope of our support service.

In this scenario I recommend you to contact with the Woocommerce support team again and let them know about your request. You can also contact one of our certified partners in this link: https://wpml.org/contractors/

Regards,
Carlos

August 29, 2019 at 2:40 am #4477339

Anthony

Hi Carlos,

Just to give an update to this thread: I went back to Woocommerce team and they told me either you go through intense custom coding or through WPML or other similar plugin... so I guess I'll keep looking to find a simple way to do that with the complex configuration we have as multilingual multisite...

Best Thanks!
Anthony

Thank yo

August 29, 2019 at 10:06 am #4479735

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Anthony,

Thank you very much for your update.

Regards,
Carlos