This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 8:47 am #4041463

moonwalkA

I am trying to:
Figure out why the plugin needs an update again and again after it is updated as it should. it is also making a problem with the calendar translation function. See uploaded picture. This is the third time this month I have to update it.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
It can not be seen on the live site. It is an error message in the back-end (uploaded picture). it can be seen with different languages that the calendar events don't show. hidden link

I expected to see:
I expect to be able to make translations but it is not possible due to this error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /var/www/albertinelund.dk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/post-edit-screen/wpml-meta-boxes-post-edit-html.class.php:143 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/albertinelund.dk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/post-edit-screen/wpml-meta-boxes-post-edit-html.class.php(57): WPML_Meta_Boxes_Post_Edit_HTML->translation_priority() #1 /var/www/albertinelund.dk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1976): WPML_Meta_Boxes_Post_Edit_HTML->render_languages(Object(WP_Post)) #2 /var/www/albertinelund.dk/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php(1304): SitePress->meta_box(Object(WP_Post), Array) #3 /var/www/albertinelund.dk/public_html/wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php(635): do_meta_boxes(Object(WP_Screen), 'side', Object(WP_Post)) #4 /var/www/albertinelund.dk/public_html/wp-admin/post.php(197): include('/var/www/albert...') #5 {main} thrown in /var/www/albertinelund.dk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/post-menus/post-edit-screen/wpml-meta-boxes-post-edit-html.class.php on line 143

Instead, I got:
An error message in the top in the back-end.

June 18, 2019 at 4:45 pm #4045389

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

You are getting the upgrade notification because you have upgraded WPML String Translation and WPMl Translation Management plugins to the latest version. But the WPML core plugin is not upgraded to the latest version yet. The latest version is 4.2.7.1.

So please upgrade to the latest version of WPML core plugin and make sure you are still having the following error or not.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 19, 2019 at 7:59 am #4049245

moonwalkA

Hello Bigul

Yes, I know that it should be updated, but why doesn't it do it automatically?

This happens very often and it is kind of a problem because pages cannot be edited while this is happening.

June 19, 2019 at 2:51 pm #4052405

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The plugins will not be upgraded automatically. We have to do it from the Dashboard>>Plugins list or Dashboard>>Updates.

Maybe because of the caches, WPML will not be showing the upgrade message. Please visit Plugins>>Add New>>Commerical page to get the latest status. You can refresh it by clicking *Check for updates* button.

We can also upgrade the WPML plugins from Plugins>>Add New>>Commerical page to avoid these issues. Please check the attached images.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Reoccurring problem with sitepress-multilingual-cms’ is closed to new replies.