We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Gravity forms conditional Logic translation was not working

Solution: Usually, conditional fields have Label and Value, so if you want to show the conditional fields on both translation languages you need to translate label only and set the value as not translated, if you translate the value, the conditional fields don't work. So, go to Strings Translation and uncheck "Translation is complete " checkbox for the conditional fields values if translated.

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Nick Walter 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
March 16, 2016 at 4:01 pm #839491

Cynthia Bates

I am trying to: Enter information into a Gravity Form

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: Fields appearing due to Conditional Logic fields

Instead, I got: No fields that depend on conditional logic for their visibility

Steps to duplicate the issue:

The English version of the Gravity Form shows the fields correctly. However, while the rest of the fields are working as they should in the Spanish translation form, the fields that should only appear once a set of conditional logic fields match are not appearing.

I have included screenshots explaining what is showing on the English side, including the actual Gravity Forms and the conditional logic from the fields on the back end. I also included screenshots of the Spanish side with no Conditional Logic based fields.

I'm thinking that somehow I translated something that has affected how the Conditional Logic works, but I can't figure out which fields those might be.

Can you help me figure out how to correct the conditional logic on the Spanish side of the form so that the fields will show properly? I figure if you direction such as, for example, translate the X part of Field ID XX back to English (maybe the labels?), that would get me to where I could fix the rest of the fields.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide!

March 17, 2016 at 8:50 am #839929

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Since this problem is hard to replicate as the settings might be different from your and my setup, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

I will wait for your feedback.

Thanks

March 18, 2016 at 9:28 am #840948

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

Thank you for the details.

Usually conditional fields have : Label and Value, so if you want to show the conditional fields on both languages translation you need to translate label only and set the value as not translated, It seems currently you have translated the value too as a result the conditional fields are not showing. So, could you please go to strings translation and uncheck "Translation is complete " checkbox for the conditional fields values.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply.

Thanks

March 18, 2016 at 7:56 pm #841542

Cynthia Bates

Thank you! That did the trick!

July 9, 2018 at 8:25 am #2475440

Alex

I had the same problem, thank you for this solution.

September 2, 2019 at 8:13 am #4495183

Nick Walter

I currently have the same problem and can't solve it with this little trick. Even though I've cleared the Cache for all languages. Conditional Logic only works for the main language.

Can you help me out?

I will wait for your feedback.

Thanks