This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Oscar Miras 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Oscar Miras.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 8:11 am #3670189

rasheedH

In the blog page and single blog pages, the categories are shown repeated even I add them one-time. Could you please see this errors and help me to solve them?

Site link: hidden link

I also asked it from Theme support and here is what they replied:
---> This is WPML related. We offer limited support for the plugin in the limits of our knowledge. This is beyond our knowledge so please open a ticket with WPML support.

I expected that categories should not be repeated or duplicated.

April 24, 2019 at 10:28 am #3671523

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Welcome to the WPML support team.

Please, could you share with me the page in which these categories are repeated? If it only happens inside the admin interface, you can share with me a screenshot.

Can you also perform a test? Deactivate all WPML plugins and then access the page in which you expect these categories not to be repeated. Check if they are still being displayed twice or more times.

Finally, I would kindly ask you to share your debug information so I can provide better support. Please, go to WPML > Support, and click in the line "For retrieving debug information if asked by support person, use the debug information page." click in debug information. Then, paste its content in the provided box in my reply.

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you for your collaboration,
Oscar.

April 24, 2019 at 11:56 am #3672301

rasheedH

Hi Oscar,
Thank you for your feedback
I did what you told me after that it became correct, you can see the difference in the screenshots.
and here are the links:
hidden link
hidden link
Thanks.

April 25, 2019 at 7:40 am #3679611

Oscar Miras

Welcome again,

Thank you for the debug info.

Maybe this is not the main problem, but according to your debug info, your WordPress memory is quite low. WPML needs 128MB of memory to work properly. However, 256 recommended value due to the number of plugins you have installed in your site.

Could you increase the WordPress memory in your wp-config.php file? The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Change or modify the following lines:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Make sure you modify them before the line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You can check if your values have been properly updated in WPML > Support.

Now, regarding the main problem: I’m not sure if I understand the problem. If I access hidden link I can switch properly between Arabic and English language. It is normal that if you deactivate the WPML plugin, all the posts and categories for that page will be loaded for all the languages.

Let me know if it answers your question. Otherwise, please, explain to me with more details about what you expect to see when WPML is active.

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Best wishes,
Óscar.

April 25, 2019 at 8:46 am #3680195

rasheedH

Hello Óscar
The same problem is still shown.
The main problem is that categories are shown in the blog page and single blog duplicated
as it is shown in the screenshot in the last comment.
I expected that categories should not be repeated or duplicated.
hope it is clear to you.
Best regards.

April 25, 2019 at 10:30 am #3681187

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Ok, sorry, I was focusing on the categories displayed on the right side whereas the problem is in the posts.

I have noticed that you are using a child theme of the WpResidence theme. Have you developed a custom template for the blog archive?

I'm also requesting you temporary access to your WordPress installation. Please, make sure you have a full backup of your site before granting me access. The best way to do it is to create a new user with administrator privileges and share with me the credentials in the provided boxes.

In addition, I would like you to ask for permission to install Duplicator plugin, in case I need to perform a full export of your site to perform more tests in our servers.

Thank you for your collaboration,
Oscar.

April 29, 2019 at 6:41 am #3700267

rasheedH

Hello
I still waiting for your answer!!!!

April 29, 2019 at 7:53 am #3700769

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, this is not the usual things to happen.
I'm having a look at it and will come back to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience,
Óscar.

April 29, 2019 at 8:25 am #3701061

Oscar Miras

Hi,

I have checked the WpResidence with our compatibility records.
It turns out that this theme has been recently updated by the author in collaboration with WPML to solve some issues. Your theme's version is 1.60.3 whereas the last compatible version is updated to 1.60.5.2.

Could you update your parent theme to the last version to find out if it solves the problem?

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=112654&dev%5B%5D=0&wpv-theme-category=0&wpv_post_search=WpResidence&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Thank you,
Oscar.

April 29, 2019 at 9:45 am #3701753

rasheedH

Hi Oscar,
I update the theme but the categories still duplicated

April 30, 2019 at 6:57 pm #3714409

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I was discussing your case with my colleagues.

Could you switch to a default WordPress theme such as Twenty Fifteen and check if the same issue happens?

In case the issue is still present, I will need to export your site using a plugin such as Duplicator (I have talked about it in my previous replies). The problem is that I have already check it in your live site and I got a message regarding that the hosting provider space was very low...so I could not build the Package.

Is there any chance that you could remove some unnecessary data in your hosting provider so I can build the Duplicator Package. I will need at least 300MB.

In case you are not able to free any space in your hosting, please, let me know as I'll look for other alternatives.

Please, take into account as tomorrow is 1 of May I will not be attending at work. I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Óscar.

May 1, 2019 at 2:59 pm #3718687

rasheedH

Hello Oscar,
Really thanks for your efforts
I tried another theme so the category was shown normally.
I think there is something wrong and I hope you fix it to me.
For the hosting space, I increase it to 2GB so you can export the site.
Waiting for your answer.
Thank you.

May 2, 2019 at 5:54 pm #3727947

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Thank you for your collaboration.
Now I was able to create the package and now there is a copy of your site living in our servers.
Our Compatibility team is already checking the issue. As soon as I have any information I will let you know.

Please, I ask you to be patient as this process may take some time.

All the best,
Óscar.

May 13, 2019 at 7:17 am #3795597

rasheedH

Hello Oscar,
I have been waiting for about ten days, is there any news!!
Thanks

May 13, 2019 at 8:04 am #3795903

Oscar Miras

Hi,

I have checked the issue and it is being worked by the developers.
We have found out that the issue is not reproducible in a fresh installation with the WpResidence theme, so it could be possible that there is a problem in your WordPress database.

Developer team is actively working on it, but the debugging procedure of databases may be rough until the problem is identified.

I would kindly ask you to wait until we the investigation shows some results.

Thanks for understanding,
Óscar.