Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kathyB 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
October 31, 2018 at 7:52 pm #2867334

kathyB

The site is English and Chinese (simplified)

I finally got the repeater fields to show up on the translation manager in the admin for the pages but they are not showing up on the front.

Also, gallery fields where images are accessed in a loop for a slider are not showing up.

It also seems very random as to whether the fields even show up in the admin! I have to save and resave the settings as to what to do with the individual fields - translate or not.

I have followed the instructions about using ACF and have the ACFML plugin installed.

When I set the parent field to translate the subfields do not automatically change their settings as your instructions indicate they should.

All of the site content was created prior to starting to configure WPML.

Please help.

selected-highlights-page.jpg
November 1, 2018 at 3:00 am #2868022

kathyB

I was able to get one of the repeater fields working but none of the gallery fields are working. What is the proper sequence of steps and the proper settings to get those working?

November 1, 2018 at 6:53 pm #2869651

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

You are writing: "When I set the parent field to translate the subfields do not automatically change their settings as your instructions indicate they should."

But this will be included in the ACFML version 0.9, and you are using version 0.8
The yellow message on our documentation states this.
Please note that applying the translation preference of the main repeater field to all subfields is introduced in ACFML version 0.9.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#making-acf-fields-translatable

If you want to try if it is working for you, download the beta version of 0.9 (0.9-b) here.
https://wpml.org/download/acfml/?section=changelog
Please note that the beta version is not intended for production sites as it is not yet fully tested.

Otherwise please proceed with our instructions on the following link to an errata page.
https://wpml.org/errata/issue-serialized-acf-fields-set-copy/

Please let me know if you have questions about this issue.

Thanks,
Itamar.

November 2, 2018 at 2:44 am #2870658

kathyB

Hi Itamar,
On the gallery fields I found that also setting the corresponding system field to "copy" made the images start showing up in the translation.
Still working through getting all of the repeater fields to show up. Using system fields has not helped in this case. One of the repeater fields is working - the others are not.
If you have any insight about why that might be it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Kathy

November 4, 2018 at 3:47 pm #2874662

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Kathy.

I'm sorry, but it is not clear to me.
Is it not working for you with ACFML 0.8 or ACFML 0.9?

Also, please make sure that you are using the latest versions of our plugins.
By looking at the debug info it I can see that Translation Management and Strings Translation are slightly not updated on your site.

In addition, please make sure that this is not a caching issue. If you are using any caching method, please clear all the cache from your server.

Thanks,
Itamar.

November 13, 2018 at 12:33 am #2900323

kathyB

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!