This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ivanN-13 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 17, 2018 at 6:52 pm #2825698

ivanN-13

Hi Lauren!

How is it going?

Im using DIVI to develop a website.

The footer and some others sections have always the same content.

Is there any option for not to translate all the pages and only do it once?

Thanks for your help

October 17, 2018 at 7:38 pm #2825805

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi Ivan!

If I understand correctly, you want to display some pages the same in both languages. To do this, you can use the "Duplicate" option which will copy the page to your secondary language. Alternately, you can go to WPML -> Settings and in the post type section, set pages to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language".

Please let me know if either of these options resolves the issue for you.

October 17, 2018 at 9:21 pm #2825944

ivanN-13

Thanks for your response.

Let me explain you the issue in detail.

I have a section called footer the text of which is repeated during all the pages. Around 20 pages in spanish and it will be 20 in english and 20 and french!!!!

So when I'm going to translate the page in each language WPML is asking me to translate the same footer content in every page.

Could I translate only once and burn that section, already translated in their respective languages, so as not to translate the same content each time?

It will be like tell the soft to keep to some content to use it regulary

About the Duplicate option you mean that i show in the pict?

October 18, 2018 at 2:38 pm #2828380

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks for clarification. You can create the footer content as a Global Module and then translate it following this documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/#translating-divi-global-items

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 19, 2018 at 6:54 pm #2832860

ivanN-13

Hi Lauren

Thanks so much

The problem was that I previously have create a global english and global french section and they get in conflict

Thanks cause your answer makes me get attention and fixed it

October 19, 2018 at 6:56 pm #2832861

ivanN-13

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!