This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 7:53 am #4523751

sophieG-10

I tried your way to replace a pdf file in different languages but it doesn't work.

Ιn more detail:

1. In section Media Translation, I searched the pdf that I wanted to replace in different languages (see attached Step1.jpg)

2. I edited English translation and I uploaded the new pdf (see attached Step2.jpg)

3. But it doesn't work, (see attached Step3.jpg)

Clarifications:
1. I use Betheme, and Muffin builder
2. The way I pass the pdf is inside the builder (see attached Clarification1.jpg)

Can you please help me with that issue?
Thanks

September 6, 2019 at 8:34 am #4524097

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

I have enabled the private reply for you, so please make sure to provide the login details in the next reply.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 9, 2019 at 11:13 am #4536467

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am currently on the LW AGeo page and I couldn't find the tab section so could you please provide me few steps to find the tabs content editor so I can see the link?

Also, have you tried uploading separate links in translations and see if that helps?

Thanks

September 9, 2019 at 11:24 am #4536573

sophieG-10

Please make the modification only to these draft pages:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

the pdf that you have to replace is called "hidden link"

Im attaching you the images to find to tabs

September 9, 2019 at 11:43 am #4536719

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the details. It looks like an compatibility issue, Is the theme responsible for creating the tabs? or are there any additional plugins used?

Further, have you tried adding separate links in translations and see if that helps?

Thanks

September 9, 2019 at 11:51 am #4536759

sophieG-10

Muffin builder is responsible for creating the tabs.

Also if I try to change the links in separate languages then there is no reason to use media translation... I mean I don't want to replace it with custom way but with automatically.
I want to translate-replace my pdf from the WPML settings to different languages pages.

September 9, 2019 at 3:05 pm #4538271

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

It looks like a compatibility issue with the builder. To debug compatibility issue quickly, it will be best to test the issue on a fresh new Installation, being so I would need your little help to pinpoint the issue further.

I have created a fresh new WordPress Installed test site here, hidden link you can click on the link to login.

Could you please use the same settings there and see if you can replicate the issue? Please don't use personal information on the site as it's a test site, I recommend using some dummy data.

This will help us to figure out if this is actually a compatibility issue or a site-specific issue.

Thanks

September 10, 2019 at 7:44 am #4542613

sophieG-10

Okay give me 2 days until I check it,
Thanks

September 10, 2019 at 8:51 am #4543303

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Sure, will wait for your feedback.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Replace Media in Different Languages {continuation of ticket #4322187,#4472777}’ is closed to new replies.