This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sophieG-10 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
August 1, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4322187

sophieG-10

I want to know if is there any way to replace media files in separate Language sites.

For example, I've got a multilingual site (ΕΝ, FR, ESP, IT):
And I want to replace a file that already exists in 4 languages, but I want to replace it only in FR language.

Thanks

August 1, 2019 at 4:08 pm #4323941

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Sophie,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Yes, when using our Media Translation Add-On, you can replace any image for each language. You can download & install it in Plugins -> All Plugins -> Commercial -> Media Translation.

Here is a short description of this function: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best Marcel

August 28, 2019 at 9:35 am #4472777

sophieG-10

I tried your way to replace a pdf file in different languages but it doesn't work.

Ιn more detail:

1. In section Media Translation, I searched the pdf that I wanted to replace in different languages (see attached Step1.jpg)

2. I edited English translation and I uploaded the new pdf (see attached Step2.jpg)

3. But it doesn't work, (see attached Step3.jpg)

Clarifications:
1. I use Betheme, and Muffin builder
2. The way I pass the pdf is inside the builder (see attached Clarification1.jpg)

Can you please help me with that issue?
Thanks